Anyone Know???

11 Replies, 3091 Views

'I've seen Matchbox/Hotwheels sized cars made by Takara Tomy along side smaller Thomas characters. It could be a road system for them.'

Yeah, that's Tomica cars, same scale as Hot Wheels/Matchbox. What seems to have happened here is that Tomy have licenced the Matchbox road system (which, having owned some I can confirm) was made by Matchbox for their cars, although given the scale of them and competing lines are similar or the same, it's possible to use any cars on the road, hence why Tomy packaged and sold the Motor-City road system as a Tomica product, even though originally it was for a different line.
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Thanks for all your replys. The ones in the video do look like they belong to your suggested sets. With your thoughts I tried to find a set that includes that double ramp but can't find anything. Do we know what the Tomica release was called to be able to search for? My idea is to make a 2 way road system that takes up less space than using the Plarail Road tracks. Also, it looks like in PlarailMan's photo above of the Motorcity 400 that there are both inside and outside curves (not absolutely sure) which would be needed for a 2 Way road system. I am not sure if there would be much of a difference though unless I could find how wide these road pieces are compared to the Plarails.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420