Yellow Riser Question

11 Replies, 2952 Views

Does anyone know if the yellow risers that generally are stamped with Tomy have a knockoff/generic version that are only stamped Thailand?

[Image: 521906-AA-35-DF-4543-9-FC8-B61-CB5839-EBB.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Super
I don't think I have heard anyone ask this question before but an interesting one at that.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
Yeah, so I sold a lot of 148 of these risers and apparently 48 were stamped Thailand and not Tomy. The buyer wanted to send them back and issued a partial refund. Rather than deal with return shipping I let him keep them and issued a partial refund, but am really curious as to if maybe these were just an older version or something..
i say they should be genuine.  The knock offs are generally made in China.  Keep in mind Tomy products are made in Thailand.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • ripley802
Thanks Leyland, yeah that is what I was thinking as well.
I would say real also as do the knockoffs really have anything stamped on them? I think the only way to find out for sure if someone has a new set with some of these in them to see if there are any that just say Thailand. When I saw that someone bought this lot of 148 I wondered to myself who would buy so many as I only remember using a handful of them at the most in any Layout. Now the 3" supports is a different story.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe to resell them or they may use them for something else. The buyer was very particular asking for things to be counted and then pointing out that some don’t say Tomy. I listed all my items with keywords in the title “Plarail Tomy Trackmaster Thomas”, etc…. All good, I think I did all right on the lots of these and the others so it works out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
I went had look ones i could find easy and in one of my pile have 'made in japan' nothing else on japan one just that word. I will look out if there another different ones. I have maybe over 200 of it including different colours ones. Can provide pictures if you want to see it.
[-] The following 2 users Like drew5195's post:
  • ripley802, Super
I can confirm they are genuine.

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Thanks @ plarnold.

Do you know if they are later or earlier models to the other ones with the Tomy stamp? Just curious as I wanted to let the buyer know. Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super