WHEW...Almost Didn't Happen!

0 Replies, 1029 Views

Strange journey, never seen this before and I assumed it was lost and I would not see my purchase.

I have been searching for a new Hard to Find, 'Power Charger' Motorized Tanker that was exclusively only in one Tomica/Plarail set called the 'Circle Town Set' for quite some time. I have been able to acquire 2 of these Tankers but both are not in very good condition so when I won a complete set (no box) with both a new/unused Tanker and a new/unused Shuppo Shinkansen I was thrilled. Of course I selected the fast EMS Shipping through the Japan Post and the United States Postal Serve I didn't think it would be too long a wait to get these in my hands even in these times. I always follow diligently both postal web sites for updates on the tracking. Package left Japan on April 11th in a Japan Int Shipping Container and normally the USPS would record when the container was unloaded and all packages scanned before entering Customs. Here comes the snafu....

The USPS tracking showed the package still in the Japan Int Shipping Container for 14 days while the Japan Post said the package was "Presented to Inbound Customs" in the US also on the 11th. I have never seen this wording before and I have never seen a package still listed in the Japan Post Shipping Container after the Package was scanned into the US and there it stayed for 14 days. Of course I have seen packages held up in Customs before for one day or up to weeks but the tracking always showed it in Customs.

I had assumed that somehow the package was unloaded but because the shipping paperwork on the outside of the box was damaged and could not be scanned in which would mean I wouldn't receive it.. I gave up. Image how surprised and elated I am that it just arrived all safe and sound. Whew!

Odd thing about this purchase is that both the train and tanker are new/unused all the accessories that came with it are used but I don't care as its really that rare tanker in new condition I really want and the new Shuppo train is a bonus.

[Image: i-img1200x1036-1618410556fqqg0q68722.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1797.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1798.jpg]

More information about this set can be found in this previous Thread
Circle Town Set
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, generic_truck_69420, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, PerkyHydrAan, Therealblack64YT