tomy gordon can't go up inclines?

54 Replies, 11480 Views

first time on the forums, came here to ask about the tomy gordon. is it just mine, or does it struggle to get up hills?
dreaming of piles of track 
Hi Stainedgaming, welcome to BluePlasticTracks Smile

Without seeing a video of this happening my first though is that like it may have a slipping gear. Is it possible for you to Post a video here of the problem?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
yes i can send a video, before this i discovered that when i put the C battery into a normal truck and connected it to a engine the same problem occurs
i don't think it's gordon himself, maybe the battery

wait a minute, what height was the 1 level slope track designed for
it's suddenly working now, even with rolling stock Huh

whenever it didn't work the engine would go up and the traction tyres would slip at about the middle or so
what is going on....
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 04:22 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes stainedgaming's post:
  • Super
Its much easier to offer help if we can see him in action without just throwing out suggestions that may not help so a video will get more specific help. Could be a number of things.
is there a way i can attach video files?
or only url?
I am not sure myself with phone videos as I am an old codger but do you have any of these you can upload to?

YouTube
Dailymotion
Facebook
Liveleak
Metacafe
Vimeo
Twitch
i'll upload it to youtube real quick
edit: youtube is being very annoying and not uploading!

finally got the stupid thing to work, apparently my attempt to quiet down the video made youtube angry!
as a result the video is rather loud so turn down volume
[-] The following 1 user Likes stainedgaming's post:
  • Super
A couple things...first, do you know where those ramped curves came from? I can't really see clearly in the video but does the bed of those rail have the ridges in them? I think original Tomys and possible knockoffs didn't have the ridges for traction.

Second: it looks like Gordon is kind of light on his front end. This should be the problem of the slippage. Did you remove any weights from his front end or bought this used where someone else may have removed any if there were any.

It doesn't looks like a cracked gear as his wheels seem to not miss a beat. Do you have the straight 17" long 3" rise rail and does he have a hard time getting up that?

Anyone else have any thoughts?
er, for the ramped curves i bought all of my track in a train set off ebay and some track was knockoff.  they seem to be knockoffs as all they say is 'made in thailand' however they still have ridges

i also thought he seems kind of light, as why else would he rise up and spin. i bought it used off ebay and upon his arrival saw two stripped screws so i cannot take him apart.

what is the 17" long 3" rise rail? i have a 1 level slope and he works fine on that