stained's purchases

93 Replies, 20536 Views

James looks to be in excellent condition, nice pick up Stain šŸ‘
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  ā€¢ Therealblack64YT
Are we sure the seller didn't just take it out of the box before selling it, as there isn't even a scratch on him
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 2 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  ā€¢ Super, Therealblack64YT
Really not sure, but my guess is that they were bought, then not wanted by the child they were bought for and left unplayed with for years. They did say in another listing they were having a house cleanout, so this is the most likely theory
dreaming of piles of trackĀ 
[-] The following 2 users Like stainedgaming's post:
I' m starting to feel like my james is in terrible condition, either way I going to try to get a plarail one
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 2 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
Honestly I prefer the 2003 plarail locos, but they're reeeeally expensive here in England, so I just stick with TOMY
[-] The following 2 users Like stainedgaming's post:
Today my TOMY James came in the mail, it was a long wait but honestly it was worth it
Sadly though he didn't run well at the start
After like 30 minutes of running in however he's running like a charm! Picture soon

Question + Edit: Do any of your TOMY engines sometimes not run? As described he didn't want to run before hand, and he's still a bit iffy. I have identified with Muddy's video I have a 1998 James, also to Donald9Douglas10 it wasn't brand new, some of the black lining was rubbed off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stainedgaming's post:
  ā€¢ Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
Maybe some lubrication could be used to improve it
The magic of the GWR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDjt7snqEPU video

I don't think lubrication is the issue, when he runs he runs amazingingly, otherwise he just doesn't move at all
Maybe a connection issue, however I 'm not sure if that's possible. Try opening him up. There might be something obviously wrong that you can't see from the outside

The only time I 've encountered a loco that doesn't always work, is when I got my plarail Bill. When his wheels wold get jammed he 's wheels wouldn't turn even if you unstuck him. After opening him up, I realized that the back half of the gear on the wheel was split, not the part with the gear the other part. I was able to swap the back wheels with a MMR Ben.I still use the Ben and sometimes I have to reposition the wheels to get him working.
The magic of the GWR
If you could give us some more info on it not working maybe we could help as the video just shows it working.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]