stained's purchases

93 Replies, 20539 Views

Yes, I talked about that in the thread

I said I removed the connecting rods to change it
dreaming of piles of track 
Strange as the motor doesn't look like its slipping but the wheels to track does.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Probably needs a weight, perhaps something is lifting the back wheels up?

But again, the disability to get inside is biting us in the back again
(08-05-2022, 02:06 PM)stainedgaming Wrote: You must be thinking: "Already? Why have you bought something already?"
Well, I didn't pay for it, my sister did.
She wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday in October, so I sent her this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165606104745?...Swnh1i6CSf

How grand Gordon will look with 3 express coaches (I already have one)

Also, does anybody know why the area that is usually white a little yellow? Could possibly be yellowing from the sun but I'm not 100%

Any ideas on my question? Maybe Muddy will know
Those wires on gordon are very thick. Maybe that's why he's struggling. On ramps it's important that the drawbar can bend up/ down and the wires might be reducing its ability to do so. Try seeing if its easy to turn if it's not. I think the wires need to get replaced however it's not possible unless you take it apart
The magic of the GWR
I can turn it but it makes a little squeaking noise

It's alot stiffer than James' drawbar
At one point I took my Gordon apart for a clean and when I put the wires back in the tender I didn't leave enough length, so when he wold turn corners the tender wouldn't turn very well. I did fix it at one point, however it does show what that the wires could hamper the performance of the engine

Really the drawbar shouldn't be hard to turn

Maybe by opening up the tender and extending the wires might help
The magic of the GWR
So I should tighten them?
No I think you should try to make them longer by extending them with more wire. I'm not sure if it's ver robust, ideally you would replace the wires with longer and thinner ones wich offer more movement in the drawbar
The magic of the GWR
I have no soldering iron Sad

It definitely looks tighter than James though