Yahoo! Japan Auctions inaccessible

7 Replies, 2282 Views

This is what I now get if I try to access https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

From Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN is no longer available in the EEA and the United Kingdom

Please be informed that from Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN’s services are no longer available to our users in the EEA (European Economic Area) and the United Kingdom, as it has been determined by Yahoo! JAPAN that providing a continuous service environment in these regions would be difficult. Please note that services listed under “Services available after Wednesday, April 6, 2022” below will continue to be available.

Please note that all Yahoo! JAPAN services are accessible after this date if access is made from Japan.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Looks like you may have to go through an Agent Dr Chris. I can see everything in the Yahoo Auctions through Japamart and Jauce.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Perhaps using a VPN and setting the location to Japan would help.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
It means that I can no longer access any expired/completed Yahoo! auctions that Google search finds for me when I'm researching rare and obscure items. This is a major blow for me since this has been one of my most fruitful sources of information up to now.

It certainly looks like I'm going to have to install a Virtual Private Network, which is a complication I could do without. Anyone have any experience with any of the free ones?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Back in business with Proton VPN.

Here's a sighting of the mysterious gold D51 that should have been in bijomaru78's Digital Plarail & Tomica DX Limited Edition box:

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • bijomaru78, PerkyHydrAan, Super
So that limited engine sold for 29800yen?

BTW: If you ever need help with a Link let me know Dr Chris, maybe I can see it from here.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, PerkyHydrAan
(06-08-2022, 09:11 AM)Super Wrote: So that limited engine sold for 29800yen?

Looks like the auction has ended without any bids being placed.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2022, 10:52 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
Thanks Bijo...since I can't read Japanese I was just assuming that the auction started at that 1000yen and when I saw that 29800 number at the top assumed its what it sold for at the end.