A Gift from Afar!

5 Replies, 2063 Views

I just received an unexpected gift from a friend from over the Salty Puddle.

I am flabbergasted about this Limited Edition, Number 711 of 3000, 50th Anniversary Collection, Hornby OO scale, SR 4-4-0 Tonbridge Steam Engine with Commemorative collectors plate. Comes with the Official Certificate of authenticity which gives the production number which is also printed on the back of the collectors plate. I believe that this is the first time I have ever had an actual OO/HO scale engine in my hands. I had no idea how much weight these engines had and in this case the Tender weighs a lot. The details are marvelous. The side rods movements are spectacular and the hand rails are awesome. After all these years of only handling plastic trains this felt unusual in my hands. I think I am going to get one of those acrylic display cases for this to show it off as I don't have any tracks or layout to play with this. It is so beautiful that it should be out and not live in a box 😁

Thank you so much Nigel, this was completed unexpected and so generous of you, I love it! ❤

[Image: IMG-1824.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1827.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1829.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1831.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1834.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1838.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1840.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1845.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Nigels
Wow the schools looks really good. It was indeed very generous of him as I have seen these go for quite a lot.
The tender weighs a lot because it has a metal chassis and a mostly metal ringfield motor, I believe it's a type 6. It's the same tender as on the old versions of the hornby Edward, Gordon and James. Also I can imagine how it must feel to have an OO/Ho engine in the hands for the first time.

For more info:
http://www.hornbyguide.com/item_details.asp?itemid=1395
The magic of the GWR
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2022, 12:32 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Thanks DDO 😃
It looks amazing, not as good as the recent ones but still very good
I wanted to get into OO gauge modelling, I have a couple bits and bobs but my heart is in Plarail Smile

If you were to ask me my most prized possession in OO, I would say my USA tour Flying Scotsman with two tenders
I personally modified it as to remove the cowcatcher and add a normal bufferbeam, I know I'm stupid for it but I really don't care
dreaming of piles of track 
[-] The following 1 user Likes stainedgaming's post:
  • Super
I'm glad you liked it Super, I know it has gone to a good home where it will be treasured which is what locomotives like that one deserve. It also helps bridge the gap between our two great countries! Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super
[Image: bow-down-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif]