Too much track!

26 Replies, 6825 Views

Another weekend and finally some more time to explore another crate from the lot, this time buildings:

[Image: 20220715-214407.jpg]

I was suprised there was around 5 of each Thomas Station! Also mini turntables, some smaller houses and a few other unique buildings. I also seem to have the making of the Hit era Tidmouth sheds of which the instructions were conveniently just posted but may be missing some support beams.

There were a few other goodies at the bottom particularly cargo pieces for the trucks. I really like the coloured ball/balloon pieces and would be curious to know what set they came from. I will put them with Rosie and a pair of pink Lady trucks for my daughters birthday present.

I intend to use the yellow bridge supports in my planned garden layout and dig one side into the turf to make the track level.

I had time to clean a couple of the buildings tonight and will hopefully do more over the weekend. Does anyone else own this old Japanese style station (top right) or know about it?:

[Image: 20220715-230241.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Rich.gamble's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420, Super
By the end of this you'll have enough stuff to build the whole island of Sodor
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 3 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Rich.gamble, Super
Wow, this person really must have been collecting these items for quite a while...he/she would have made a great member here at BPT's 😁
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Rich.gamble
Another update over the weekend I sorted the Annie and Clarabel, counting 92 carriages in total:

[Image: IMG-20220717-WA0003.jpg]

We sorted the lot based on condition of their face stickers and fading condemning about 2/3rds on the left to scrap. Unfortunately the crate had some water damage and contained lots of bark and dirt from being stored outside.

[Image: IMG-20220717-WA0002.jpg]

Among those kept for now and cleaned were 6 long clarabels from steam Thomas (back right) and 1 chuffing annie with rubber wheels (there is a thread on here with more info). I then dismantled about 25 to collect couplings exclusively 2002 chasis and kept aside all 1992 with the logic new couplings will be less brittle and I can reassemble a carriage easy if they are all same kind.

[Image: 20220717-122621.jpg]

The couplings will be used to repair the trucks from the lot which are more useful in multiples and in my experience generally more collectible.

[Image: 20220717-122633.jpg]

I am hoping to list the remaining shells and wheels for sale at next to nothing and hopefully they find their way to someone that does customs and can 3d print more couplings/save them from landfill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rich.gamble's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
The long Clarabels confirm my suspicion that this lot is made of parts from the steam along thomas set the one realised for a anniversary, however I can't remember wich one

I think you're definitely not lacking in branch line coaches
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 2 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Thanks for your interest DDO. Perhaps it will become a little clearer when I sort through the bridge pieces. I hope people don't mind all my posts about this lot I just enjoy writing them like a diary.

As for Super's musings about the seller I can say he was retired and perhaps a british expat. The gear was used for a holiday program for children he once helped run that was shut down due to covid (then subsequently cancelled altogether despite things getting more normal again). He just wanted them gone anywhere. I didnt ask how he got them or what happened to all the engines as not to be nosy or hinting I wanted more for so cheap.

There would appear way too much for one family to play with but it seems I am the right person to at least give the lot some care and restore it for use. It is possible some or all of of it was donated so I am mindfull not to be greedy but part of it may be best grouped and sold locally at a value price without also tanking the local tomy market or being flipped again...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rich.gamble's post:
  • Super
I keep saying "Wow" but that is what I feel. So much stuff and look at all the parts you are accumilating for mods or repairs and possibly a little cash to buy more engines or to break even when listing some for sale. Keep showing us Rich, I love watching/reading these Posts. 😃
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Life has been getting in the way but i did manage some time to sort through the bridges. Of most note are 9 red iron bridges which when added with the one in my Bertie and Thomas set makes a potential 10 bridge run. A couple of the bridges would be missing one top piece but i have enough bases and sides for a functional 10.
[Image: 20220801-211625.jpg]

Sadly only one of the 3 'Sydney Harbour Bridge' sets is complete and i have 3 sets of suspension bridge sides but no extra pylons. I would give them to help someone make a full bridge but likely shipping cost would make it pointless to bother. And of course there are dozens of little bridge sides. Does anyone recognise what set the yellow one is?

My plan now is to focus on cleaning the blue track, boxing it neatly and storing excess in my roof. It is mainly in my shed which is fine now but does get hot in the summer. I am starting a spreadsheet to log each track type so i can determine my capacity to run a loop around my house. Also if I sell some I can do it in proportion so Im not left with excess of any type. I'm an accountant so this seems normal to me.
(08-01-2022, 11:44 AM)Rich.gamble Wrote: .....little bridge sides. Does anyone recognise what set the yellow one is?

<center>
[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]
[Image: 7416b.jpg] [Image: Loop-Road-Set.jpg]
</center>
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Rich.gamble, Super
A 10 bridge run would be awesome, I wish I had room for that, but that would at least 20 straights in length

I love the green bridges from the steam along thomas set,I got a complete one in a lot and two sides, not too long ago. They have to be my favourite shade pf green
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 2 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • Rich.gamble, Super