WOOHOO! Jurassic World 😃

24 Replies, 5751 Views

(07-20-2022, 10:46 AM)Super Wrote: So it looks like you scan that thing which takes you to a Survey for the train and if you fill it out you get a free gift?
I'm getting the idea that you only get put into a lottery for a free gift.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I really dislike the marketing scheme where they offer free gifts if you do something for them but don't tell you what that gift is....
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
T-Rex's arrived...Finally.

I must say that this is the first purchase from Amazon Japan that disappointed me on the shipping. On this purchase they didn't ship with the carrier that I have always received from them (DHL) they shipped with one I had never heard of, ECMS Global and it took weeks to arrive. I am so used to getting things fast even in these times with DHL that I was disappointed in this ECMS Global delivery. I suppose that 2 weeks isn't really that bad but I was use to something faster.

The T-Rex is a bit bigger than I had thought but it is the exact one that is featured on the box for the Jurassic World Train. Included in their box is something that I wish Plarail would do with their trains but I do understand why they don't. The description card included (much like the ones that come with Plarail Trains, come in a double set...the usual one like the Plarail, in Japanese and....a identical card in English...much appreciated by this fellow. 👍

I do have to make note that Baby Blue, the Raptor that comes with the Train, won't make it under a yellow riser stood up like in the box picture, he has to get down on his knees for the ride.

[Image: IMG-1884.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1894.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1898.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Rich.gamble
Was the shipping price ok? I was thinking about buy a set from Plaza JP and the shipping was through the roof. I think it started at $40 and went up from there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jessetrains's post:
  • Super
Where are you in the world Jessie?
USA, central time zone.
Super did you see that Mattel (of hot wheels fame) have just launched a range of dinosaurs from the same new Jurassic World movie? These might be useful to go with your new train and invariably seem to be a lot cheaper than the Tomy ones. I saw a couple a few days ago in a local supermarket at around £3 each, they only had two types as far as I could see, an 'Indominous Rex' (or whatever it's called) and 'Blue' the 'pet' Velociraptor from the movie. They did look modelled and painted pretty well, the only unfortunate and predictable thing knowing Mattel is that despite the fact the former is supposed to be massive in comparison to the Velociraptor in this case both models look to be about the same size <doh!> so it seems like scale is totally out of the window lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Really?...when I search for Mattel Jurassic World all the images I can see seem to be of larger Dino toys but maybe I am not searching right. I know I have a whole box full of Dinosaur toys from my Grandson of various sizes but I don't think any are of a similar scale and the small ones aren't very detailed and cheap.
If they still got them tomorrow when I go do my weekly shop I'll pick one of each up so you can see what they are like Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 09:37 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Oh don't go and buy one for my sake or go out of your way to make a special trip to that store.. If you do happen to be there maybe just take a picture of the package and I can check on it.