More things to put on the shelves

32 Replies, 5410 Views

After pre-ordering a SE&CR P class I've been on the hunt for some coaches. The Hattons coaches are Beautiful but You can't find them and so only one option remained... The Bachmann SE&CR Birdcage coaches.

In real life they would usually be run In sets of three, as only three types of coaches were ever made (BT | CL (1st/2nd) | BCL (2nd/3rd) ). Now like usual with Bachmann these coaches are significantly overpriced expensive at a ripoff price of nearly £90 at RRP, however because these obviously didn't sell I was able to get 2 for about the price of one.

The coaches are absolutely superb detailed except for metal/ sprung buffers and a decent close coupling or any lighting (even though they have pick-ups and so you could fit lights yourself) for £90 they are terrible for abut £45 they are absolutely worth the money! And if I'm lucky I might be able to pick up some more in the future!

BT:

[Image: BC1.jpg]

[Image: BC2.jpg]

BCL:

[Image: BC3.jpg]

[Image: BC4.jpg]

[Image: BC5.jpg]

[Image: BC6.jpg]

[Image: BC7.jpg]
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 3 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Nigels, Super
Love those details and all the window glazing especially those near the roof on the ends.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Nice coaches, but as you say the price like most from Bachmann and Hornby for that matter are far too high. I find it difficult to justify the sort of prices they sell rolling stock for these days, its not just the coaches its the wagons as well. Even a nice private owner wagon seems to around the £30+ mark which is outrageous in my opinion as I recall not so long ago they were pocket money prices (<£10) but even then I thought they were getting pricey. Mind you that is possibly the 'sad old git' factor kicking in as I remember how outraged I was when coaches hit the £20 mark as most around that time were only £10 or just under. But now those £20 pullman cars with lit table lamps look like they were positively cheap and the truly sad thing is that it wasn't that long ago either!

Generally though I do think the prices of HO/OO items are getting a bit silly lately, to the point that they are now beginning to make O gauge look 'reasonable' whereas at one point they appeared massively overpriced in comparison to HO/OO. Makes you wonder where it will end...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super