Today 07:34 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 104
Great Caboose Custom???
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 07:23 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 152
Shinkansen Transformation Robo: Shinkali...
Yesterday 06:25 PM
» Replies: 625
» Views: 332395
Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids
Yesterday 06:18 PM
» Replies: 956
» Views: 230453
Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES
08-09-2022 11:28 PM
» Replies: 1679
» Views: 1025247
Plarail / Tomica SeMu 8000 Coal Hopper W...
08-09-2022 11:20 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 87
Crazy World of Shipping Prices
08-09-2022 10:05 AM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 585
Question
Last Post: GreatGordonFan
08-09-2022 02:54 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 148
What did you do to your trains today?
Last Post: Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
08-09-2022 12:02 AM
» Replies: 560
» Views: 399045
Bit Off Topic, But A Language Translator
08-08-2022 11:09 PM
» Views: 110
Motor Tomica Doraemon Parallel World Set
08-06-2022 09:24 PM
» Views: 129

Motorized Vehicle Display Cases
Thumbs Up 
I purchased these Display Cases so the Tomy Motorized Vehicles could be displayed without getting dusty as they are now in the Parking Garage storage case/drawers out of site. Originally these are for displaying the 1/64th Hotwheels/M2/Matchbox/Tomica size cars but except for a few they are great for displaying the Motorized Tomy vehicles. The few that won't fit have a part that is too tall for the clear top to go over. They are quite nice. If needed they have 2 ways to hold down a vehicle, sticker dots or little wires that fit through pre-drilled holes in the base. I am guessing that these would come in handy if one transports a collection to shows and such. I won't be needing them.

[Image: IMG-1905.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1908.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Nigels, generic_truck_69420, Siupasiope
Looks good Super. Im glad there are people like you that collect all these things and take such care of them. Im trying not to end up with much mint gear so it can be played with without worrying too much about preserving it. Also congrats on your 1000th thread!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rich.gamble's post:
  • Super, Nigels
Thanks Rich, didn't even notice the Thread count. 😆
maybe the bus 1:87 bus model cases will work for your bigger motorized vehicles.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Wouldn't the 1:87 cases be smaller than these 1:64ths? The only reason that a couple of my motorized vehicles won't fit are because they have something on them that is a bit taller and the clear top won't sit all the way down on the base. Just a bit too tall, not much but enough so it doesn't look right. Width and length are perfect though for all. Hmmm...this now has got me thinking if there are cases like these that are the same width and height but are twice as long so I can fit my 3 Motorized Trailered Vehicles in?
How long are the motorized tractor trailers?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
6.75 inches
(07-31-2022, 07:34 PM)Super Wrote: Wouldn't the 1:87 cases be smaller than these 1:64ths? The only reason that a couple of my motorized vehicles won't fit are because they have something on them that is a bit taller and the clear top won't sit all the way down on the base. Just a bit too tall, not much but enough so it doesn't look right. Width and length are perfect though for all. Hmmm...this now has got me thinking if there are cases like these that are the same width and height but are twice as long so I can fit my 3 Motorized Trailered Vehicles in?

Yes, 1:87 is a smaller scale than 1:64 so it follows the cases would be smaller unless they are made for say an articulated rig.  You could look at picking up some M2 'Auto-Haulers' from Walmart or similar, they can be bought in store in the USA at a reasonable price and if you didn't want to keep the rigs you could always sell them off loose on eBay and just keep the cases for your special motorized vehicles :)

Things like these (they can probably be got cheaper in store); M2 Auto Hauler Example

Hell, if you got some nice ones I may even buy them off you (just for the record Dodge Charger Daytona's are my favourites) :)

Cheers, Nigel
Happily collecting things all my life... :D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Thanks Nigel, Excellent idea but I am not absolutely sure, looking at listings, exactly the measurements of the cases that come with the M2 Auto Haulers. Seems like they might be about 11 inches long which I think would dwarf the 6.75 inch Tractor Trailers I have maybe? I did find these which I hope aren't too tall but the length may look better. Will check back with results. I am also looking for a 3 tiered display case at an appropriate size which could display all 3 of these Motorized Tractor Trailers in one case.

[Image: Untitlll.jpg]
No problem, I'll measure one and let you know the exact size of the cases just in case (no pun intended) you decide they are suitable - have you thought of putting two in one case?
Thanks Nigel...Funny you should mention this as look what just arrived. Its actually a perfect size and fit for two. I am going to try to find a way to raise the back level though as there is just enough height to get the vehicle up and over the front level so the rear can be seen perfectly. I do wish they would make this exact one in a three tiered thats the exact same size width wise but just a bit deeper and a bit taller. Still looking for something like that.

[Image: IMG-1921.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1925.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1926.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Nigels, generic_truck_69420
Super, have you considered these type of cases? They are intended for Lego models/figures, but they do have 3 tiers as standard and of course being Lego you can make the rear platforms higher/wider/deeper to suit using Lego bricks if you want. If you go to a Lego store you can usually pick up the flat tiles as well (i.e. no pins on top) so you can end up with 3 tiers with smooth surfaces in whatever colour you want if you're lucky :)

Here's a link to one on Amazon UK; https://www.amazon.co.uk/XIN%C2%B7SHI-Mi...WNrPXRydWU=
  • Super
Thanks Nigel
Yes, I looked at those extensively as there are a lot of Listings for them. What dissuaded me from them is that the clear acrylic top is not one piece but four pieces which for one doesn't look as good and probably wouldn't keep all the dust out and/or fall apart. If it was a one piece top I would have liked to see on up close for sure.
Hi Super,

That is true, at least for the one I posted a link to, but I'm sure I've seen some with solid tops. I'll have another look tomorrow and if I find any I'll let you know :)

Cheers, Nigel
  • Super
Hi Super,

Found these on Amazon UK, they all appear to have solid tops (i.e. not self-assembly covers).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tingacraft-Acry...=8-29&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trumpeter-TRU09...85&sr=8-38

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trumpeter-TRU09...85&sr=8-47

This one does not have one piece clear panels, but is a nice vertical shelf design at a reasonable price;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ACRLIE-Collecti...85&sr=8-36

And finally a rather more upmarket proposition;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PC3721-Acrylic-...85&sr=8-53