Ali Express Bridge???

5 Replies, 2195 Views

Because Plarail Man UK's recent Post about a purchase of Container cars from Ali Express, it reminded me of how long its been since I Browsed their toy offerings. My nosing around brought me to this...

I wonder that is the wooden rails are the same width as the Tomy rails if this little curved bridge would work with a couple of aftermarket track adapters to use with Tomy. Not sure if a Plarail train would make it under but there should be a little more room as the Tomy tracks aren't as thick as the wooden....right? Do you think a Plarail would have any problem with how much tilt there is?

What do you all think?

[Image: Untigbtled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, GreatGordonFan, Mister No, PerkyHydrAan
I think a single engine that still has a strong motor might just clear the bridge. However add rolling stock and it probably wont.
But then again I'm no physicist.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
the engine may derail given the angle of the curve.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
Good points!
Oh, it's also gray, so it's perfect for your layout, Super. 😊

I think some shorter Plarail locomotives could even go over and under the bridge, although the gradient is steep. But I could be wrong. A steep slope and a curve is never the best combination in railway modeling...  I'm not so sure about longer cars, they could get stuck trying to climb the slope; I don't see a commuter train on that anyway. But it should go under the bridge.

After all, if you don't manage to use it in regular traffic, maybe you could fit it in somehow as part of the scenery, or just run the trains under it, or maybe use it in a short dead end branch that you don't use, because it's a really nice piece.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
With those AEG engines you have Mr No I would think they would certainly fall over as their center of gravity seems quite high and top heavy. Although this bridge doesn't look like it would work with the motorized Plarails it may be a good start for a 3D artist to create something with less of a slope and tilt. 😁
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No