Plarail Day

5 Replies, 5682 Views

On the 14th of October, it will be Plarail Day. Yes, that is a real day! If you don't know of it, the significance is that October 14th was the day (in today's Gregorian calendar) where the first railway in Japan ran, and it is also more widely known in Japan as Railway Day. In 1997, Tomy honoured this by making another day called Plarail Day. All I know of what happens on this day is that an exclusive commerative item is released, and here's an account of the items released from 1997-2001.

http://translate.google.com.au/translate...6bih%3D613
[-] The following 4 users Like jdogman's post:
  • ActionChugger, Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
That is very interesting and great information Jdog, thanks for sharing. Wish there was a list of the commemorative releases from 2002 until today. Maybe we will start to see the 2014 release on Yahoo Auctions soon.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
It's nice that this toy range get its own special "holiday" we can celebrate on, isn't it? A good excuse to buy products in case we're running out of birthdays, Christmas, or mother's/father's day occasions, or an excuse just to build a layout. You could even do a Christmas tree with a circle tower! Oooh, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Well, the clock's ticked over to the 14th for pretty much the whole world now, so...

Happy Plarail Day, Plarailers!
[-] The following 4 users Like jdogman's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, Super, Ucwepn
Just thought I'd bump this while I've still got time to wish people a happy Plarail Day again for the 14th!
[-] The following 3 users Like jdogman's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super
Happy Plarail Day...are we exchanging gifts? Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
[Image: IMG-20211015-174243.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super