Yesterday 08:08 AM
» Replies: 206
» Views: 39028
The New 3D Printing Thread
Last Post: Nigels
01-26-2023 08:06 AM
» Replies: 280
» Views: 160473
DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experi...
Last Post: DalaGStanator
01-26-2023 07:35 AM
» Replies: 118
» Views: 31434
Inside an OTT Monorail
Last Post: Super
01-25-2023 09:00 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 81
Alfie's Value in Terms of Trade?
Last Post: Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
01-24-2023 09:56 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 393
Motor lubricant for Tomy engines?
01-24-2023 08:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 125
D9D10 O11 Videos and behind the scenes
01-24-2023 09:34 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 556
trackmastertomy twin discussion
Last Post: Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
01-24-2023 06:32 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 173
Repairing TNA Trains
Last Post: fauxwheeldrive7
01-23-2023 10:17 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 419

HNBGamer's Plarail & other train stuff
So, after a long while of random other stuff, I decided to return to collecting Plarail, as well as doing more Plarail stuff!

Here to a new thread that should not have much repetition to the older threads I made. 
Here we go, onto the next messages!

(Fun fact, immediately after I took this photo I bought two more Plarail trains. I'm lazy so I won't take another one for now)
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
Alright so, I'm currently working on a new layout for my trains. Here's my rough plan.

The entire layout is under my bed, so the station would be on the open side. 
The track switch on the opposite side would be R-19 rail element, which would be automatic because that side faces the wall. I want multiple tracks to my layout so, R-19 is the newest element bought in the layout.

As you can see, there are light casting from above which there should not be (as that's where my bed is). I actually have to flip up one of the board to assemble the rails. Here's what it looks like before I open my bed. The necessary rails have been inserted but the girders can't stay up during the insert.

And here's the further side of the layout, fully erected.

Part of the tracks have to be modified from the plan to ensure rails actually fit and does not have to be stretched or bend too much.

Small bit, this double rail is used to lock two girders, prevent possible movements of the girders or the below track

And here are the trains that would be running the layout! All Shinkansen of JR East that are still in service.

That's the information I'm having for now, more about the layout will be explained later!
[-] The following 3 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super, chrisjo, generic_truck_69420
You going to do a video once the Layout is finished Hanoi?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HanoibusGamer
Yep, hopefully I can get my phone on the far side of the bed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super
Here are the trains that will be running on the layout soon! Three of which are bought brand new this year.

So, this creates problem. Normally a three-car set of normal Plarail cars would vacate two standard straight tracks. I was half-hoping that the full coupled 6-car train would clear the switch just enough so that one set can run while the other stay. It did not. 

Therefore I'm looking to put the track switch a bit further out. I can't extend the station section because my bed has a limited size (and so is my room), so the switch has to happen at the curve. 

Normal turnout rail won't work because the distance between two tracks would be too wide. I have the J-24 depot and that double turnout rail might be a good fit. The distance between two tracks are closer, still a bit wide, but the rails allow anyway. I have another idea but I'd try that in a later time. 

Nevertheless, this introduces another problem, which is the third track that seperate from the R-19 automatic turnout rail would rejoin the main track sooner. I also accidentally knocked the layout too so, major fixes anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (and probably record the run too)
[-] The following 2 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super, generic_truck_69420
Another progress to the layout:

So, I've found the solution! 

R-13 + J-24 = Problem solved. The station tracks are now long enough to accomodate a coupled train set and still close enough to put a rail for converging, in this case, another R-13. 

Of course this means further changes to the tracks before the station, so I'll be updating soon!
Brilliant!
It's time for an update, this time I locked in the final layout!

The diverging track now uses all my available standard curve rails I have left so yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This will be one of the two camera views, the other near the station. I've got some videos ready, testing run, low density run and high density run, but give me a few more days to upload them.
👍
  • HanoibusGamer
And here it is, one of the attempts to run the layout with high capacity.

The outer track is fully reserved for the combined E5 - E6, and it's also the track that does not involve the auto switch. 
The inner track is for standard sets of Plarail train, one go straight and up, one branches out and join with the outer track.
The derailment of E2 is because of me fumbling with the track switch on the station side.

I decided that not fully enclosed the bed is a good choice, as it's dark enough for E7's light to shine but still allow enough light to see the trains that don't have light. 
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, chrisjo, Super
Oh..the tragedy...how many passengers did not make it? 😁
  • HanoibusGamer
Haha, I don't know, at least the following E7 cleared the entire E2 off the tracks. In another slightly better attempt the coupled train collided with a train entering from the branched out track, and similar to this attempt, the rest of the trains managed to run as normal.

This attempt though, is more tragic, but I didn't record that so we just have the image.

Only E7 escaped the accident.
Alright, here's some other thing.
Today I acquired a new stuff, it's J-10, a railway signal!

Actual thing is here, take up only half the size of the box, mostly to accomodate the stop rail.

I like that the stop rail and the signal are seperated, if you don't need the signal (the space between rails isn't wide enough), you still have the useful stop rail. One drawback is that the rail will not be level, since the signal only hold one side of the rail. Should you want to use the signal, you would have to hook the switch section to the arm so that the light can change with the stop rail.

The signal uses 2 AAA batteries, situated in the red box with screw.

Here's what the red signal looks like, with a traffic light not-for-train for comparison.

And the green signal.

I don't particularly like the railway signal lens colors. The green signal is quite lime, red signal looks rather pink in the image but it's red enough in person. 
I bought this for 250000 VND ~ 10 USD, which is just a bit higher than the recommended price in Plarail website, so not a bad deal.
Given that my layout is mostly under bed with minimal light, having a railway signal would be nice, give some light and also a visual clue to my fumbling with the stop rail when running the layout in high capacity :>
  • Super, Therealblack64YT, chrisjo
That is a pretty neat Traffic Light Hano
  • HanoibusGamer
Another different stuff,

I....bought the ES train. I don't have any N700S yet and I don't feel like purchasing a larger N700S set with tracks. Also I wanted an ES for collection sake.

I was able to buy this partly because this was made in my country, which would probably make local vendors more interested to import and sell such Tomy products.

Further review would come soon, I just put this to remind myself
  • Super, chrisjo