Hot Wheels Trains

22 Replies, 4481 Views

Well, after resisting for so long, I recently bought two lots of Hot Wheels Trains off ebay!
[Image: image-2022-10-17-222056492.png]

[Image: image-2022-10-17-222201637.png]

The top one was more recent.  These are similar to the sets I had when I was 3, except I had this set as it came...

[Image: image-2022-10-17-222540430.png]

And I also had a similar set to this one, except it came with a Chessie engine and a tank car...

[Image: image-2022-10-17-223016841.png]

My old sets are mostly still around, however worse for wear, but the years have taken their toll on them, both engines are missing their front wheels!  I'll show you them set up soon...!
[-] The following 5 users Like Jaytrain1's post:
  • chrisjo, generic_truck_69420, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
I sold a huge Lot of Hotwheel trains and accessories a few months back. I actually didn't even know they existed until I dug them out of my Grandsons stash. The track that was part of all that was black though and they were motorized. Nice pick ups for ya Jay and the boxes looks very nice.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Quote:"Kid powered"

Can the set be adult powered? I want to!
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super
I never knew they even made such things, were they limited to the USA?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
they were made in the 80s i think hence not too many know about them
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I am not sure when this was released or where but this is the set I had sold (plus many other additional pieces) was this Hotwheels Power Express Train Set...

[Image: th.jpg]
(10-19-2022, 09:55 AM)Super Wrote: I am not sure when this was released or where but this is the set I had sold (plus many other additional pieces) was this Hotwheels Power Express Train Set...
According to the Hot Wheels Wiki, Super's Hot Wheels World set #47015 was released in 2001.

The Hot Wheels Railroad series is older:

"Hot Wheels Railroad was a very short-lived series of model trains intended to be compatible with Hot Wheels vehicles. These were produced from 1983 to 1985 and were approximately 1/64 scale. The trains were advertised as being "kid-powered" and were compatible with a proprietary type of Hot Wheels track. All locomotives were based on real-life trains and featured authentic liveries mimicking real-life railroads.

Steam, diesel and electric locomotives were made available, along with freight cars and cabooses. These coupled to each other using a fork-styled coupler. The locomotives were available singly, in bundles and in larger playsets such as the Freight Yard and the Superrails Station. The trains featured plastic bodies and were manufactured in Hong Kong; the tracks were manufactured in the United States and were made in straight, curve, switch and transition (track to floor) pieces. Most rolling stock feature some form of special feature.

Despite the discontinuation of the series the trains lived on until the 1990s with the Sto & Go Trucks & Trains Freight Yard, essentially a rerelease of the old Freight Yard playset. Some products were sold in Canada, with the line being marketed under the name Le Chemin de Fer (literally "the railroad"). "
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris. I always thought that it may have been older but since I am older I still think anything made after 2000 is new 😒
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Therealblack64YT
I'm like you Super, one of the older members so I tend to remember most things which is why I asked if it was a USA release only, as it mentions some were made available in Canada tends to support it being your side of the pond only. Mind you I'm not sure how big a market it would have had here as back then everyone (kids and dads) had Hornby or Lima mostly so wouldn't have really looked at a non-powered setup I suspect. Also I'm sure as they are USA outline they probably wouldn't have won many fans here for that reason as well, not to mention the probable price if they had got here. I remember when I was a kid the price of a hot wheels car was massive in comparison to say a matchbox or similar, I mean maybe 4-5 times more so most working class kids like me only ever had 1 or 2 at most, the rest being good old matchbox instead lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
They also had motorized trains as was the set that I sold