Is it Worth It??

3 Replies, 1107 Views

Just curious of what others think of a set (to be released later this month) that doesn't look to have any motorized pieces can cost this much. Preliminarily 8800yen preorder at 7582yen. It does have some unique new pieces but no motorized trains even though they show on the box a back to back EH500 pulling the only train car that is included. Which brings up another point...

What do you think about advertising on boxes that shows items that are not included in the set and...for my eyes, can't see any notation of whats not included in the box. Is it deceptive advertising??? Let the buyer beware??? Also there there are what I think really neat landscape pieces on the front of the box that aren't on the parts list especially those two neat bushes and rock pieces which I would love to get my hands on some. Maybe it does have disclaimers along side of the not included parts but I don't see it because its in Japanese in which case...er...I have no case 😎

Any thoughts?

[Image: ti.jpg]

[Image: 71djof-Bw-LVL-AC-SL1100.jpg]

[Image: 71-Gx-r-Pju-L-AC-SL1100.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  â€¢ DalaGStanator
Well I guess the part list they put in front should be good enough to show what would be included in the box.
If you want more warnings that EH500 (or any other trains, Tomica, etc. included in the pics) isn't in this set, these red boxes of text should be what you are looking for (according to Google Lens).

[Image: yhfmfm.png]

[Image: 71djof-Bw-LVL-AC-SL1100.jpg]

Also they cleverly reduced the opacity of the EH500 in the biggest image that includes it (which is the front of the box) to show that yes, you ain't have the locomotive in this set. 
(But the Tomica vehicles aren't getting the same treatment, nor the Plakids ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
Anyways, yeah, they're all in Japanese for obvious reasons, so when such items were sold here, we taped additional notes to say that "yes, there's indeed no train included here"
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 3 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  â€¢ DalaGStanator, PerkyHydrAan, Super
The only thing I am interested is the rolling stock. Most of the other stuff in this pack are pretty easy to get
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  â€¢ Super
At first glance I really liked what this set has to offer. A rail station with translucent removable sides, stackable structures of varying design, buildings, a road and two cranes! I was getting ready to purchase but then noticed how poorly the small yellow risers appear beneath wide blue risers. The red cranes look good but are non-functional. And lastly no train!

I really like this set for it’s reconfigurable buildings but would expect better design for this price. Perhaps they could have removed the crossing to improve design? Let me know if you come across any other sets with this amount of buildings.
[-] The following 2 users Like Arch's post:
  â€¢ DalaGStanator, Super