Trackmaster AEG Launch & Loop working w/TM1

1 Replies, 895 Views

Here's another mod to the launch & loop set that only works with Trackmaster AEG and Revolution to make it work with TM1 trains.

So what you have to do is widen the green lever track so that the TM1 trains can sit on it in the first place:
[Image: IMG-20221213-201224.jpg] [Image: IMG-20221213-201258.jpg]
I used a box cutter to shave down the inner part of the track you could use whatever you find easier to cut off the thickness of the inner part hopefully you can see the cut lines so you can see what I mean by inner part of the track. You can see from the first picture how the space in the track gets thinner right after the shadow and I had to shave that down just enough for the Trackmaster 1 trains to fit on.

Then comes the activator switch as pictured:

[Image: IMG-20221213-201136.jpg]
As you can see in the picture, the brown part is the default height. (High enough for TM2 and AEG trains but not enough for TM1 so the grey part is superglued on top for extra height. You gotta be careful how much you add in because too little height and your train will just go over and do nothing like you didn't put anything there.  But too much height and the switch hits the front buffers instead of the under switch activators and/or it'll activate the pushers too soon before you train has a chance to be positioned for "launch". Here are the under switch as shown:
[Image: IMG-20221213-201715.jpg] [Image: IMG-20221213-201838.jpg]
In both pictures I'm trying to show the slight difference how low the under catch from TM2 train is compared to TM1. YouTuber Ucwepn has videos showing whenever unboxing TM2 trains that he has to shave down the plastic underswitch just so it can run on TOMY tracks because they constantly rub against the track itself.

Anyway, that's why TM1 trains have trouble working with TM2 sets or destination stop tracks w/lever (which is another subject).
So now let's show this mod put to the test:

I didn't put all the screws together in this set because I was trying to do this in a rush so that's why I'm holding down a part of the loop.

Here's a quick vid of what it looks like if you didn't add enough height (or no height) to the activator switch in the track, then I showed aTM2 train for good measure:

That's it for this one. Again any questions if I missed something just ask.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 09:55 PM by mitzalplik.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes mitzalplik's post:
  • Super
Very inventive Mitz
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mitzalplik