Repairing TNA Trains

15 Replies, 2711 Views

Please take any negotiations to the Private Messaging.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Splodge
(01-19-2023, 10:55 PM)Super Wrote: HMMMM!

[Image: IMG-7990-heic.jpg]

I'm afraid I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to this so could you elaborate on what exactly I am looking at here? Thanks
[-] The following 2 users Like fauxwheeldrive7's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Splodge
I think what Super is trying to say is the wire appears to be squished, most likely due to being sealed in between two pieces of plastic which I'm pretty sure can cut the circulation of the electricity going to the motor.
TrackMaster Expert (kinda)
[-] The following 2 users Like Splodge's post:
  • fauxwheeldrive7, Super
Excactly what Splodge says. The strands inside the covering of the wire could also been separated. If you look closely to the left of the squashed wire there looks to be a cut. And there looks to be a pile of corrosion on the battery contact at the resistor too. Is this the one where the contact has also broken off in the battery compartment? Don't know if you know it but you can click on the picture to get a closer view and then click it again for a super close up.

[Image: IMG-7990-heic.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Something doesn't look quite right, the red wire seams to have been replaced at some point as usually you tend to get a more semitransparent insulation on the wires and this one is very opaque, however I'm not sure if this is true on non Japanese locos. I think replacing it would be a good idea, how ever before that you could use a piece of wire to join the two sides as a test to see if that's the problem
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • fauxwheeldrive7
Thank you all for the information!
[-] The following 2 users Like fauxwheeldrive7's post:
  • Euro2309, Super