Need help with Mr. Motorman m3 engine

1 Replies, 1200 Views

Hello,
Ive recently been a very lucky finding not one but two Mr. Motorman versions for a very reasonable price. I catched the normal Mr. Motorman version and the Mr. Motorman AD set which for some reason had an m3 engine included in its box which was a very big suprise since it was complete with charger and working! Sadly after charing it fully for the first time it didnt turn on anymore, so I opened it to find just one of the cables coming from the battery has broken off which was easy to fix. After putting it together it did work again with no issues, that is until the antenna broke off too! So opened it back up again and while trying to desolder the antenna the whole pad came out which did worry me alot because I couldnt see any of its traces on the board with how tiny it is. To keep it short: I did find the terminal where it connected to but while I was soldering the antenna onto it directly the capacitor came off too (I know, it just gets worse the further I went, ugh) and unsuprisingly and fell off my desk into my carpet where I couldnt find it even with a cloth infront of a powerful vaccum and going over my whole desk area but in the end I didnt find it. Does anyone else have the m3 engine for Mr. Motorman and if yes, would they open it up and measure the capacitance of capacitor im missing? It was where the two free pads in the upper left corner of the pcb are. The Antenna cable was soldered into the now burnt hole on my pcb.

Thanks already
Ron

[Image: 20230127-150209.jpg]

[Image: 20230127-150222.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Ron Thunderr's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420, Super
Wow...I think you are the first person I have heard of that has taken apart a Mr Motorman for repairs 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp