Info on Euroliner Coaches

14 Replies, 16643 Views

I picked up a few of these white Euro Liner coaches mainly because I like the unusual, different type trains and these cars fit the bill with their streamlined, windowed front end. The unusual also goes into the inside of the coaches. Quite different than a normal Tomy/Plarail type coach as it has details and covered wheel wells. Unlike most of the "see inside" coaches and cars, this one does not pop open. The roof can be removed with one screw on the bottom of the chassis. The details are pretty neat inside but I have a question of what the rounded top posts are. The front one is a little taller and they remind me of the older Disney Railroad coaches that took special passengers that had holes in their bottom to go over rounded posts like these. Does anyone have any more information on these Euro Liner coaches and if they were made for special passengers? These came in the 3 car set with this coach as the middle car between a white DD51 and a clear boxcar. I also had not much luck looking for detailed pictures of the inside of the real ones. I have only found a couple showing these coaches with the sloped front end with a white DD51. Can anyone help?

[Image: 003_zps77c739f8.jpg]

[Image: 008_zpsd7ce1d67.jpg]

[Image: 006_zps69ba965d.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
not sure on the pegs for holding figures but wow they sure have some fantastic detail. The cup and saucer with spoon look amazing!
Thats what I thought Ucwepn. I was quite surprised when I received these and discovered the interior as I had no idea when I bought them.
those are neat! sorry, i cant help. always liked the look of the white DD51 for a winter layout.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
still dont know about these, but i found this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomix-2290-JR-Di...541423f69f
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Thanks Sunhuntin

I still can't find much information either, even on the real Euro Liner in this color or where it runs.
I do have some info on this for you i just misplaced the picture I was gonna post it is in one of my picture folders of Tomy trains which is unfortunately hundreds of pics to sort through as I have yet to organize them, also may I see a photo of the very bottom?
Ahhh...Geris my Hero answer man to the rescue.

Bottom doesn't show much except Made in Thailand.

[Image: 002_zps513b8178.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Ok I cannot find the Picture I am looking for but I am 99% sure that a brown version of this car was released during the time before plakids when they used the (Tomy called them dolls/doll play was the name given to the series of trains that had these figurines it was an attempt to up the little girl demographic ) soft plastic figures with holes for the pegs, it had no roof. I will post pic when I find it!
(11-19-2014, 08:18 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: Ok I cannot find the Picture I am looking for but I am 99% sure that a brown version of this car was released during the time before plakids when they used the (Tomy called them dolls/doll play was the name given to the series of trains that had these figurines it was an attempt to up the little girl demographic ) soft plastic figures with holes for the pegs, it had no roof. I will post pic when I find it!

Very interesting. Might you also have pictures of what those doll figures look like?