thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4310158 Views

Has anyone seen the Steelworks playset? I know it was listed on Amazon for awhile but I don't think it was ever in stock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mikedaws's post:
  • YALLLOW
(04-25-2017, 12:22 AM)mikedaws Wrote: Has anyone seen the Steelworks playset? I know it was listed on Amazon for awhile but I don't think it was ever in stock.

I only saw it on amazon. I ordered it but kept getting emails hat it is delayed. Being impatient I cancelled it and now it looks like you can't order it anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yeahright's post:
  • YALLLOW
Probably Amazon wasn't supposed to sell it until certain date, may have been listed by mistake. TRuS does that all the time, they put out toys that they aren't supposed to sell, then the cashier potentially could make little boys cry when they tell the dads "sorry, we are not supposed to sell this until xx/xx". Luckily one cashier the other day let one slip by, it was a Star Wars Lego toy of some sort.

That reminds me, it's surprising that FP did not consider licensing Star Wars Minis.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pablo392's post:
  • mikedaws, YALLLOW
TRU tried to do that to our family also. It was a very old packaged take n play talking Flynn. I beeped it while shopping it came up as 0.05! 5 cents!!! Keaton was very small then maybe 2-3. When we went to check out the man tried to say oh sorry that wasn't supposed to be out on the floor. I can't sell you that item! Wanna bet? Keaton let out this horrible scream and you can guarantee I got that train. For 5 cents too!
[-] The following 2 users Like Ksthomas209's post:
  • Minilover61, Pablo392
(04-25-2017, 02:17 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Probably Amazon wasn't supposed to sell it until certain date, may have been listed by mistake. TRuS does that all the time, they put out toys that they aren't supposed to sell, then the cashier potentially could make little boys cry when they tell the dads "sorry, we are not supposed to sell this until xx/xx". Luckily one cashier the other day let one slip by, it was a Star Wars Lego toy of some sort.

That reminds me, it's surprising that FP did not consider licensing Star Wars Minis.

Totally agree about the Star Wars minis. I'm hoping that the DC line has run its course and now there's space for a new crossover collection. Star Wars could easily fill that void.

(04-25-2017, 12:59 PM)Yeahright Wrote: I only saw it on amazon. I ordered it but kept getting emails hat it is delayed. Being impatient I cancelled it and now it looks like you can't order it anymore.

I did the same thing as you. I just cancelled my order. I was getting tired of the unknown shipping date. I'm sure it will be out soon enough Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017, 06:05 PM by mikedaws.)
(04-25-2017, 06:04 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Totally agree about the Star Wars minis. I'm hoping that the DC line has run its course and now there's space for a new crossover collection. Star Wars could easily fill that void.

I did the same thing as you. I just cancelled my order. I was getting tired of the unknown shipping date. I'm sure it will be out soon enough Smile

Yeah I would love to see Star Wars but I have a feeling royalties on it from Disney is high cause if they. Can get Star Wars it opens all of Disney like marvel and Disney characters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yeahright's post:
  • mikedaws
the star wars universe is even more intense than DC. i dont think our wallets would appreciate it, and storing them would be an issue. the DC line fills what, 2 or 3 of those wheels if double stacked? star wars would be worse. plus the price would go up. one bonus is that disney would demand better quality than we have been getting lately.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • mikedaws
Mattel/Fisher-Price already has licences with Star Wars and Disney. But I agree Disney may want a bigger cut of the profit but I would pay more if the quality went back to what it was. I'm all about as many MINIS as they want to make. Just keep them interesting and the quality good. Was good to see there's a new 30 pack coming out but I feel that since 95% of the trains have already been released there's not much incentive to pay $30 for the 3 exclusive trains. Might be worth waiting until they go on deep discount after Christmas. I'm still hoping that we'll see a few more line extensions/crossovers this year.
Walmart.com currently has the Motorized Raceway for $20:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/FISHER-PRICE-Thomas-Friends-Minis-Motorized-Raceway/49851378.
I price-matched one in the store with an error Thomas:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like ShyGundamGuy's post:
  • Minilover61, Pablo392, sunhuntin
Just a heads up for people in Canada. I found the 2 new 3 packs at Walmart tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like Yeahright's post:
  • mikedaws, Pablo392