thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4310978 Views

(05-03-2017, 02:27 AM)mikedaws Wrote: Great ideas for new trains. Totally agree with you on more kid friendly/less violent themed. Love the ideas you have for other trains. Considering how many themes hot wheels have, there are like a million ideas still available. This may seem crazy but I even like the idea of regional exclusive trains. The tootsies are fun but if there were trains only avail in the UK, Japan, Australia ETC that would be cool. It's a good excuse to connect with fellow collectors for help tracking them down without paying brutal EBay prices. Smile

Totally agree with you about the playset exclusives. Specifically Clayface. Probably the most boring MINI they've made yet and made no sense as a villain in a playset. There are so many better characters they could have had. Also I'm really not super excited that they've made the same playset with the Steelworks theme now just to get another 'exclusive' MINI. Just think about that playset they announced at Toy Fair (the multi platform one) that's a lot of money to pay, if you just want the MINI. Looks fun but really only if you have several different Thomas brands of trains.

I was at Ross the other day in the Bay Area and found the DC SuperFriends playwheel for $6.99. There were five of them on the shelf.
MikeDaws, Thank you for your help.

[Image: 8e026ae297d87f0c30f224a6f0305ca0.png]

That black remaining section is bothering me more than something like this should. It's the Steelworks Thomas. I don't even know if would keep the playset at all. I kept all playsets except the first twist and turn (very badly designed) was fixed at Batcave playset. The paysets take up unnecessary room for a collector, especially of such tiny trains. So I might be a minority here too but I hope they don't release too many playsets with exclusives anymore. I don't mind paying extra just to get 3-5 exclusives in a 25-30 train set boxes, but for some reason I find playsets to be unnecessary.

As for the SDCC sets, they were really high quality and since they weren't so big, they could go really well with any collector, but again I hope there aren't any large playsets being released as CC exclusives.
[-] The following 4 users Like Pablo392's post:
  • drewbenn, mikedaws, what1120, YALLLOW
Hello everyone. Somewhat of a sad post here. My daughter has lost all interest in minis. It bound to happen sooner or later with a 4 year old and their ever changing interstests. We are currently debating making them my collection, selling as entire lot, or piecing the collection out. What we have is nearly everything with the exception of a few of the playset exclusives.

I am also on the fence on the continuation of the Blind Bag helper app as well. With the lack of interest by my daughter and my limited time & programming knowledge, it too may come to an end.

So, anyone want to take a stab as to what would be a decent but fair price for the collection? Also, anyone interested in it?
sorry to hear. shame when kids grow out of things, but that just means you can share something else with her.

if you have tootsie minis i am interested.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • YALLLOW
(05-06-2017, 11:01 PM)roberte Wrote: Hello everyone. Somewhat of a sad post here. My daughter has lost all interest in minis. It bound to happen sooner or later with a 4 year old and their ever changing interstests. We are currently debating making them my collection, selling as entire lot, or piecing the collection out. What we have is nearly everything with the exception of a few of the playset exclusives.

I am also on the fence on the continuation of the Blind Bag helper app as well. With the lack of interest by my daughter and my limited time & programming knowledge, it too may come to an end.

So, anyone want to take a stab as to what would be a decent but fair price for the collection? Also, anyone interested in it?

I hope you don't give up, mini collectors club is already very limited in members and it would be sad to lose another member, no matter how young or old.

Are you planning to make the blind bag app open soure, or will you be selling it?
I am not sure how complicated it is to program the app, or if it involves a lot of other tools/programming software but if it is easy I would love to help find a way to continue your app.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pablo392's post:
  • YALLLOW
(05-07-2017, 01:12 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: sorry to hear. shame when kids grow out of things, but that just means you can share something else with her.

if you have tootsie minis i am interested.

I believe we have all of the Tootsies to date. I need to sit down and do an inventory of what we have.

(05-07-2017, 01:38 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: I hope you don't give up, mini collectors club is already very limited in members and it would be sad to lose another member, no matter how young or old.

Are you planning to make the blind bag app open soure, or will you be selling it?
I am not sure how complicated it is to program the app, or if it involves a lot of other tools/programming software but if it is easy I would love to help find a way to continue your app.

If you or someone else wants to continue on, I can certainly share the code. I will warn that while it works, it is an absolute mess.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017, 12:37 AM by roberte.)
(05-07-2017, 01:38 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: I hope you don't give up, mini collectors club is already very limited in members and it would be sad to lose another member, no matter how young or old.

Put them away for awhile. Young children's interest change as fast as you change your socks. Better to have them than try buying some when the interest returns. Then if not it can become a adult collection.
[-] The following 2 users Like Minilover61's post:
  • sunhuntin, YALLLOW
Popping in to say Hi! Been busy with a move, starting work, and getting settled. I see I'm not behind yet. Was sure I'd log in to see I've missed releases Smile I too tried the Amazon but I think they returned my money for that playset. Hope you're all well!
[-] The following 1 user Likes YALLLOW's post:
  • sunhuntin
Attn Canadian minis collectors. Walmart.ca has the 2 new 3 packs listed. $4.94 each. Happy shopping Smile
Looks like the fisher-price.mattel website has updated with photos of the new 7 pack (gold cargo car and steel works James) also 2 new 3 packs each having a Steelworks train (Samson and Edward) Go check it out!