thomas and friends mini series

3311 Replies, 4335462 Views

(08-17-2017, 04:04 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: Finally saw one brave TRUS carry the Super Station in stock, they had 3 on shelf.
Surprised to see the exclusive James was not really special. It also did not say anything about Exclusive Engine on the box, is it possible we will see this James in blind packs?

[Image: fdbfb64b381266612a6be99756ce8f03.jpg]
[Image: 31cb6f3fa2adc18ee77eb16d99737505.jpg]
[Image: f3faa75813ad3e00194fae55fc1d3bd9.jpg]
[Image: 835b85b40ca546855e9e289c98377034.jpg]
[Image: 929b9916eee4fc6a88bf9540503c85c5.jpg]
[Image: 0acb730c7861e7e761a4e8b45bb79053.jpg]
[Image: f3faa75813ad3e00194fae55fc1d3bd9.png]

also 40-Pack w/Clear Blob Percy was there for whopping $50.
[Image: be750cdf5f453605fe397a5f5e78c09f.jpg]

[Image: 5b680340482745b0b8cf97eac4a498bb.png]

I'm sure the 2018 series of Minis will be out soon enough. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. If he's not in that series or in a multi pack. He's going to be a pretty pricy mini to add to your collection
boy, i wish i was rich!! i would love that set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChBUHpilZU
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • YALLLOW
(08-17-2017, 08:10 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: boy, i wish i was rich!! i would love that set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChBUHpilZU

Huh Is it me or are the engines tipping over more than half the time they roll down the ramp? If that's the case, it's a shame they didn't put guards at the bottom because the curve seems to come too quick for Thomas to take it, some of the others handle that well but it's a hit or miss.

(08-17-2017, 05:18 AM)mikedaws Wrote: I'm sure the 2018 series of Minis will be out soon enough. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. If he's not in that series or in a multi pack. He's going to be a pretty pricy mini to add to your collection

If it's not going to be in new series, I am thinking of buying it and donating it after replacing the James engine. I hope the tots won't realize. I don't want them to come back and ask "where is the special James?" like the homeless shelter asking Elaine "Where are tops of these muffins" Confused
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 04:09 PM by Pablo392.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pablo392's post:
  • YALLLOW
(08-17-2017, 04:06 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Huh Is it me or are the engines tipping over more than half the time they roll down the ramp? If that's the case, it's a shame they didn't put guards at the bottom because the curve seems to come too quick for Thomas to take it, some of the others handle that well but it's a hit or miss.

If it's not going to be in new series, I am thinking of buying it and donating it after replacing the James engine. I hope the tots won't realize. I don't want them to come back and ask "where is the special James?" like the homeless shelter asking Elaine "Where are tops of these muffins" Confused

I couldn't see anyone worrying about James being in there. Just put a regular classic James in there if you have an extra. The playset is the exciting part of it anyway.

(08-17-2017, 05:20 PM)mikedaws Wrote: I couldn't see anyone worrying about James being in there. Just put a regular classic James in there if you have an extra. The playset is the exciting part of it anyway.

Unless you collect Minis that is...
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 05:47 PM by mikedaws.)
[-] The following 2 users Like mikedaws's post:
  • drewbenn, YALLLOW
yes, i noticed the amount of derail going on. the only time they didnt was when ferdinand was in front, he must have an "engine brake" that can restrict the speed. i know the magnetic tomy engines did, cant remember for the thomas range. the new engines dont have anything like that.

im wondering if the older stuff can actually climb that slope alone or not.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • YALLLOW
I found an interesting error today. It's the Batman 52 Thomas...but with the face of Arctic Batman Edward. This came from the DC 4 pack. I've put him beside the other Batman 52 Thomas. So not a variation...just a factory error. Pretty cool anyway Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like mikedaws's post:
  • sunhuntin, YALLLOW
(08-17-2017, 11:57 PM)mikedaws Wrote: I found an interesting error today. It's the Batman 52 Thomas...but with the face of Arctic Batman Edward. This came from the DC 4 pack. I've put him beside the other Batman 52 Thomas. So not a variation...just a factory error. Pretty cool anyway Smile

We've seen similar face swaps, I have a Thomas with Edward face too. Probably mismatch down at assembly line, picking up wrong face, or someone at QC seeing one without a face manually slapping whatever they think should go with it.
Attn: Variation Hunters.

Here's a new one for you...The SpongeBob 9 pack has paint and detail variations.

Specifically noticeable are Paxton and Spencer. Skarloey has 2 different smokestacks.
See picture below. The one on the left was made in Thailand and has the weights. The one in the left was made in China and doesn't.

(08-22-2017, 07:43 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Attn: Variation Hunters.

Here's a new one for you...The SpongeBob 9 pack has paint and detail variations.

Specifically noticeable are Paxton and Spencer. Skarloey has 2 different smokestacks.
See picture below. The one on the left was made in Thailand and has the weights. The one in the left was made in China and doesn't.

I'm not sure if there are variations in the 4 pack as I haven't seen the one from China yet (without weights) if anyone has that please let us know if there are any differences. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 07:46 PM by mikedaws.)
New user, first post. Got here via the ixbyix checklist page. Smile

If there's a more dedicated place to put this, happy to be directed there.

I picked up six of the 2017/4 series while out of town! Delighted to find that none of them are repeats in my collection and we finally got our first Diesel 10. Smile

30 Classic Diesel
62 Night Time Toby
120 (Clear) Monster Percy
142 Construction Diesel 10
167 Classic Rosie
180 Steel Edward
[-] The following 3 users Like anjelabug's post:
  • mikedaws, sunhuntin, YALLLOW
Is there anyone from the U.S. That could post a full list of the 2017 wave 4 blind bag numbers and trains?

Thanks Smile