thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4309722 Views

hey pablo, hope you and your family are safe.

the minis group on facebook has had a couple of american members post about finding series 2 [connecticut and philadelphia] both were found at walmart, though the cities are not stated. hopefully they will become more widespread shortly.

they same group also had a member who said you can lift the flaps on the end of the truck and see who is inside that way. they were told off severely for it, almost as though people thought they were opening the pack, removing the mini and putting it back empty. to me, its no different to checking the codes on the bags or feeling up the lego minifigs. gotta get what you want for your money.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Hi Sun,
I think we need to bring this up to Fisher Price attention, either people will be mutilating these boxes, or they should put numbers on the boxes or some other indicators. I may have missed but is there at least color matching? I recall them having several of each color with different engines, so you would still be getting duplicates.

True collectors will try to find way to get what they are missing, and there will always be people buying these blindly, but I doubt at this stage if there are actually people picking up these randomly. It's a slippery slope when people begin opening the boxes, and then others won't want to buy them because they are "opened".

I remember there were blind bags you could see the engines through the white area of the blind bag. It's really as if intentional that FP tapes these in a manner they cannot be checked easily, obviously we don't want people buying 100 of these, and then returning 90 by keeping 10 "rare" or ones they want to keep. That's not fair either, but at least if there was a way to tell what they were, if they are really re-sealable in a way that they can still be sold to non-collectors, it would still be OK. Sadly, they are not. So we either boycott the new way FP is releasing these minis, or have to buy the whole box and keep the duplicates. Many collectors are doing this as hobby and with Covid financial restraints, I doubt anyone wants to buy random toys, to find the one they are looking for.
i wouldn't worry too much about the wagons as im guessing they were just a stop gap until they sorted the blind bags .
to my understanding, she wasnt damaging the packs when she was doing it. she said they have a flap at each end which can be lifted without damage, but then i havent seen one, so wouldnt know for sure.
This could've been avoided if Fisher-Price had made packs of three and packs of seven for the 2020 series, just like they have for every year. I haven't even bothered getting the 2020 MINIS, since I hate having to keep track of blind bag numbers, and I am not interested at all in the cargo cars.
series 22 blind bags were spotted in australia a few weeks ago. no sign across the ditch as yet.
filled a few more holes today thanks to ebay and nigels for the use of his address. four to go!!

Hi Sun,
Some of those are reasonably priced, good luck.

I hope everyone is doing well, and staying away from covid.
Has anyone seen any new releases so far? I saw Series 2 boxes at Walmart but what I wanted to buy wasn't available and to be honest I didn't feel like buying more overpriced engines with useless cargo cars, so I just walked out. I noticed it was already messed with.
Still no sign of 2020 wave 2 yet in Canada. Keeping my eyes open whenever I’m out. Seems pretty quiet on the Minis front these days...retail shelf space is getting smaller and smaller. With no multi packs, the blind bag boxes just kinda move around...
[-] The following 2 users Like mikedaws's post:
  • Pablo392, sunhuntin
Anyone for an electric mini .......
[Image: 124558119-2797424797192655-6507710270107928911-n.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes rekp's post:
  • Pablo392