thomas and friends mini series

3307 Replies, 4310595 Views

I’ve found them at toys r us, Walmart and Real Canadian Superstore! Seems like most stores only had 1 box in. Have had to search through the boxes. It’s been kinda fun actually! Just 1 more to track down. It’s been a good year for minis, quantity-wise. 2 waves both yielding 48 minis each and the advent calendar. So that’s 102 minis this year. Not too bad! I haven’t seen any new information on minis for 2021. Usually you see images or hear rumours by this point. It’s really scaled back product-wise. No multi packs or licenced product. Based on this message board, the ‘Minis’ community has really gotten small.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020, 04:37 AM by Super.)
what one are you missing, mike?

a lot of collectors seem to be getting out of the game, either as adults or their kids are moving on. but on the same token, there are a few new collectors who are now trying to play catch up.

this years releases have been good, i have got so caught up and can see the finish line. even just scored 3 of the blue rectangle minis cases from a local seller. she had one listed, and when i bought it, she offered me another 2. lucky, as my play wheels are full up.

no signs of anything new on the twitter account i follow, and he usually shows the new stuff early. lately, he has been focusing on paint errors and oddities.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • mikedaws
Hey Sun!

The only one I’m missing is Anniversary James 566. Shouldn’t be too hard to track down. I do need to spend some time one of these days and organize my collection. I want to label the storage boxes with the years. I’m pretty sure that I’m all caught up, but just want to make sure that I’m not missing anything. Hopefully the series continues on. It always feels that the future of Minis is uncertain...then more come out. But I do wonder with the reduction in multipacks etc, if the minis are coming to an end....
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 07:09 PM by Super.)
(12-07-2020, 06:45 PM)mikedaws Wrote: Hey Sun!

The only one I’m missing is Anniversary James 566. Shouldn’t be too hard to track down. I do need to spend some time one of these days and organize my collection. I want to label the storage boxes with the years. I’m pretty sure that I’m all caught up, but just want to make sure that I’m not missing anything. Hopefully the series continues on. It always feels that the future of Minis is uncertain...then more come out. But I do wonder with the reduction in multipacks etc, if the minis are coming to an end....

Are you all caught up on the 2020 releases?
thats good! anniversary james was in this years advent calendar if you get stuck.

still missing series 22 and the white cat from fizz n go percy. i have the last 5 older minis in various states of shipping from several countries, including the monster henry variant with the squared off glasses lens.

i have enjoyed the lack of new releases this year, but i am sure next year i will be hoping/wanting more multi packs etc.
  • mikedaws
actually, regarding percy's cat, we have seen in-hand evidence of there being two colors, correct?
  • mikedaws
(12-08-2020, 02:33 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: actually, regarding percy's cat, we have seen in-hand evidence of there being two colors, correct?

I have both versions of the cat. So I can confirm they exist Smile

(12-08-2020, 02:29 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: thats good! anniversary james was in this years advent calendar if you get stuck.

still missing series 22 and the white cat from fizz n go percy. i have the last 5 older minis in various states of shipping from several countries, including the monster henry variant with the squared off glasses lens.

i have enjoyed the lack of new releases this year, but i am sure next year i will be hoping/wanting more multi packs etc.

Wow! I have the advent calendar and totally forgot that he was in there....so looks like I’m complete then! Thank you for the info....I so need to get organized...
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 05:11 AM by Super.)
(12-08-2020, 02:37 AM)mikedaws Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 02:33 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: actually, regarding percy's cat, we have seen in-hand evidence of there being two colors, correct?

That's why I put pictures of (some of) the variants on my site Wink [Image: variant_kitten.jpg] Afraid I don't remember who sent me that picture, though. Might've been Mike!

So, I find myself with a little extra time right now, and was thinking of trying to add all the 2020 releases onto the checklist, if it would be helpful to do that. Is there a good list somewhere of everything released in 2020, that I could just pull from? I know it's all been posted here in the thread but I don't have so much time I could read through all the posts to make the list myself, and was hoping someone could give me a head start on it.
[-] The following 2 users Like drewbenn's post:
  • mikedaws, sunhuntin
(12-08-2020, 08:31 PM)drewbenn Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 02:37 AM)mikedaws Wrote:

That's why I put pictures of (some of) the variants on my site Wink [Image: variant_kitten.jpg] Afraid I don't remember who sent me that picture, though. Might've been Mike!

So, I find myself with a little extra time right now, and was thinking of trying to add all the 2020 releases onto the checklist, if it would be helpful to do that. Is there a good list somewhere of everything released in 2020, that I could just pull from? I know it's all been posted here in the thread but I don't have so much time I could read through all the posts to make the list myself, and was hoping someone could give me a head start on it.

Hey Drew!

Great to hear from you. Yes! I sent you the picture of the 2 cats. I know Pablo has a google document attached to his profile which has the names and numbers of the 2 waves from 2020. Thats 96 of them. There is a picture of the contents of the advent calendar but I didn’t name the contents. Sunhuntin might be the expert on that one! Smile Would be amazing if you did a 2020 update for your list. We’ve been missing you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes mikedaws's post:
  • drewbenn
drew!! great to see you again! i know a lot of collectors would be thrilled with a 2020 update, as it seems the minis checklist app isnt being updated anymore either.
the link to pablo's list is in the very first post of this thread. i have added the advent minis at the bottom. anyone can edit this sheet and the changes are saved automatically. what we have is fairly comprehensive, just lacking photos. i can send you clear photos of 2020/1 and the advent exclusives, but cant help with series 22. mike might be able to though?

thanks, mike. i did manage to find the photo after some scrolling, so have saved it myself. pleased to know someone reputable has one, makes my search a little less fruitless!