1950's Space Age Apartment Train????

6 Replies, 7611 Views

Since I can't read what I am guessing is Japanese I am not quite sure what this train is. It looks like something out of the 1950's in its design or a James Bond film. Is it private or public. By the looks of the floor plan it seems more like apartments with full sized beds and large walk in showers. The outside viewing platforms look awesome both front and rear. Wouldn't a Tomy model be cool in this style.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Actually, it is not a 1950 train. It is a modern train. I googled the title from the youtube video you provided, I found an article in Japanese. http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASG5P5D8NG5PPTIL01J.html.
I then used to the translator to translate the Japanese into English. Below is the article in English:

JR West April 21, announced the outline and design image of luxury sleeper train to run from 2017 spring. Including the superlative rooms of rare one-car per room in the world, capacity of the entire 1 organization about 30 people. Operating routes'm undecided, but it's initiative over the Sea of ​​Japan side or the Seto Inland Sea from Keihanshin.

Tetsu Square
The same manner as such as JR Kyushu "Nanatsuboshi", the baby-boom generation target is that there is room in time. West of landscapes and traditional arts, I propose a thoroughly enjoyable trip ingredients. Each interior and exterior Place the designer, meals provided in the dining car gate on Takeshi's food columnist is produced by cooking magazine "chili notebook (notebook)" edit adviser.

Train 10-car train. Other rooms wheel 6-car, dining car, a lounge car, vehicle at both ends with a vision space. It is out in the open deck at the tail end. Rooms There are 5 bisect 1 Both 3 rooms, also setting superlative rooms with in 1 Both whole per room. Color "sea and the blue sky, to match the wayside of green" and that chose green.

Manabe Seikokorozashi president in the briefing of the day "to liven up a regional tourism in this train material. Fare is you want as much as possible a reasonable setting," he said. (Yanagitani Masato)
[-] The following 3 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, ROCKINATOR, Super
Thanks Leyland

I really didn't mean it was a train from 1950, only that it has designs like the old 50's retro look. Wonder how far someone has to travel where they would need a full sized bed and shower and one unit per car? holy Batman....this has got to cost an arm and a leg. Lifestyles of the rich and famous? 2017 start up, wonder why then as the train looks complete at least from the outside. I will surely be on the look out for a Tomy/Plarail version for sure
most like the train will travel from one end of the Country to the other.
More info on the JR West sleeper.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/05/26/we...st-hotels/
Thanks Wartsilaone, that explains it better for me to understand. Still seems like there will be more support staff on this train hotel than actual guests. I am sure curious as to the costs. Wonder if they plan on just a car with First Class seats to offset costs for those who don't need a whole room to travel.

Please, Tomy...I hope you are starting the preliminary drawings. Wouldn't it be nice if Tomy worked in conjunction with JR to release a train on the same day as the real one. Limited Edition but not so limited as to prevent me from obtaining one. Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ROCKINATOR
Nothing can stop us train collectors from collecting them all after the train packaging challenged us.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool