The Strange and Unusual...

7 Replies, 6773 Views

Many of you know that I am into the different, the strange or unusual so there was no doubt I had to grab this when I saw it cheaply on the Japan Auctions. I really didn't know what it was but I had to have it. Does anyone know the story on this? I am guessing it is from a popular television show in Japan. On the box it says E4-600 and in small print Robot. It also says " The Odoru Legend Continues". Is the E4-600 a real train or fictitious? On the underside of the chassis reads "2005 Fuji Television/ROBOT/TOHO/SPWT" and "2005 Tomy Made in China" If it is, in fact, a television show it would be neat to look that up to see what this is modeled after. Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
it is from A Japanese spy show, in the show they actually use the train but it is not a real life train.

The show is called Negotiator Justice Beneath in the show this train is named the Spider E4-600

so technically Negotiator Justice Beneath is the spin off movie, from the show called Bayside Shakedown, the movie Negotiator Justice Beneath the plot revolved around this experimental subway train.

in the movie this train is part of the fictional subway company TTR Tokyo Transport Railway, and the design was inspired by the Nankai rapi:t and a mech from the Mobile Suit Gundam Series.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015, 05:03 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
Thanks so much for all the information Geris, very informative. I tried to find some video clips of the movie without success as I wanted to get a glimpse of the Spider E4-600 in it. Do you think this is a promotional train only released at the premier or something like that in Limited quantities? I haven't seen very many of them out there.
geri your knowledge of Japan pop culture amazes me. and I live with a Japanese woman!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like KumaChan's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Super
I have been into Japanese culture since being a little boy and seeing my first Japanese animation cartoons, ( Anime and Manga were not well know about in the U.S. then) plus The 60's and 70's Godzilla movies, so I have always been extremely interested in it. so thank you @"KumaChan" for your nice words. Yes @"Super" this was a limited release not sold for more than one year in limited quantities I do not know the production number but I remember reading it was small in comparison to even other limited Editions.
here is the trailer for the movie in question not real long scenes of the train but it is a trailer movie looks like it would be fun to watch!
Cool trailer!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KumaChan's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Many thanks Geris.

In the video they describe the train as "Monster Train Kumo E4-600" wonder what the story line is. Does the train have a robotic mind of its own and goes berserk? Only those who speak Japanese will know. You are right, scenes are too quick to really get a good look at the train but enough of a look to want to see it more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1