How to wheel swap Trackmaster Revolution

17 Replies, 20743 Views

That's what I'm trying to do, but I can't get the axles out. One of the back axle's wheels is now in a bunch of tiny pieces after having to cut it away piece-by-piece since it was practically glued using lack-of-air to the axle. The other one came off much easier, and the only damage is that it's very slightly bent.
The front axle is now missing one wheel and I'm yet to destroy or try to remove the other one, but I can't take it out. As far as I know, the front axle is two separate pins stuck in the chassis.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016, 01:29 AM by Super.)
they are in there very tight, you need to get something wedged under the head of the axle pin like a flat head screwdriver blade tip or the tip of needle nose pliers, and hammer it out. I'm afraid it's the only way and it always feels as if you are going to break it as they are in there so tight.

Can't say I'm familiar with harbour freight are they a proper hardware store of just a store that sells some tools because cheap tools will just cause confusion and delay.
I think they're a proper hardware store. I don't know anything about hardware stores really. The vice I got and the reaming pin have been working fine for the mostpart.
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016, 01:29 AM by Super.)
Harbor Freight is pretty much the definition of cheap low quality no name tools, they are good if you need a particular tool to use once in a blue moon, but for serious long time use its best to look elsewhere. Their main strategy is high markup, but loads of coupons that get you half or more than the price off to create a perceived deal. They will also have "free flashlight with any purchase" type coupons, but its the same type of flashlight you can get on eBay for $1.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes sinkillerj's post:
  • Ucwepn
The thing is I probably won't do too many wheel swaps, but the tools I bought couldn't really be called bad. They do their job, and are sturdy. And we got some of the items for a pretty low price (according to Dad; I don't know the average price of 7 different types of pliers, a set of punch pins, and a medium tabletop vice)
Amateur voice actor
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 01:56 PM by Super.)
Any progress updates?
I will add in that I have bought numerous things from harbor freight. Some things can be basically junk, but there are lots of things that do just fine. Keep in mind it is not the top quality that demands top prices, but it gets the job done typically.
(07-03-2016, 10:08 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Any progress updates?

It's now finished, and works fine! I'm surprised the TMR engines can get up a hill with 3 trucks, even if two of them are their own lightweight cheap-plastic versions of trucks.
It's all thanks to a few hours of filing off of the inside of the shell and certain parts of the chassis and mechanism, and, of course, my dad's what-seems-to-be super strength, which is what eventually removed the axle pins.

EDIT: Because of how exhausted I am after this, and the fact that Mom wants me to catch up on summer assignments/homework, the video on Philip and Powerful Gordon will be greatly delayed now. At least my gaming videos won't take too much longer, since I can work on those at the comfort of my "boss" chair.
Amateur voice actor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • Ucwepn