Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game

582 Replies, 805261 Views

(06-12-2020, 05:37 PM)TrainMan2001 Wrote: To answer Dalagstanator's question: Sudrian?

Correct! I adopted it after seeing it as a suggested term for a Thomas fan (instead of "Tankie" or "Brocomotive"). One thing that made it sound perfect for it was the similarity to Whovian (Doctor Who) and how it sounds more dignified until some people find out what it means.

(06-12-2020, 05:32 PM)Super Wrote: @Chrisjo
I am curious as to how that trains sound are, might there be a video of it where we can hear? I am also curious as to why the Tender has cogged drive wheels where the cog is meant to help the train up the steep slopes of the dark blue tracks (higher and steeper than the normal blue slopes). I am going to assume that the cog portion really does nothing but the traction tire portion does drive the 'sounds' as it doesn't need a battery. Maybe they just re-purposed engine drive wheels for this sound Tender so they wouldn't have to produce new ones. At any rate thats a neat engine...is it yours?

Exactly as you thought; The gears on the sides don't touch the sound mechanism and are carried over from driving wheels. The sound is achieved using a spring rubbing against a gear, with a bar that presses down on a metal plate to amplify it. The idea was later recycled for the Plarail Chuffing Annie. Chrisjo took her apart and showed how it works in this thread (which also includes Muddy's demonstration).
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 10:24 PM by DalaGStanator.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • chrisjo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - by Tootally Thomas - 04-15-2015, 10:39 PM
RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - by Tootally Thomas - 04-17-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - by Tootally Thomas - 05-13-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - by Tootally Thomas - 05-14-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - by DalaGStanator - 06-13-2020, 07:19 AM