Lithium Battery???

30 Replies, 36295 Views

You're totally correct, to run them in series you would need to rewire the engine somewhat, but if you were going to fit a socket etc... anyway I would think that would be fairly simple for someone wanting to do this Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
It would work really well, I have surprisingly large amount of lithium batteries. But as Ucwepn said the price is what might stop you... Tongue
Welcome to BluePlasticTracks Branson M. Productions. Does your screen name have some significance like a YouTube Channel? Having so many lithium batteries do you have experience with wiring?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hi Super, I have created a YouTube Channel but I'm still getting ready before it's open for the viewer's. And yes I have had some successful wiring in the past as I found it to work nicely. At the moment I use it for some lighting mods that don't have much room inside to spare same as Tramp. So it would only be necessary to do so if you really have the means.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branson M. Productions's post:
  • Super
Look forward to seeing what your YouTube Channel will be about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Branson M. Productions
Thanks! Smile
Has anyone tried replacing a C battery with a 3.7v 26500?
I don't think the standard Tomy motors can run with such a high voltage without burning out. The nominal voltage of a battery at 3.7V generally means the voltage when it is fully charged is 4.2V or higher.

-plarnold
(12-22-2015, 06:48 AM)plarnold Wrote: I don't think the standard Tomy motors can run with such a high voltage without burning out. The nominal voltage of a battery at 3.7V generally means the voltage when it is fully charged is 4.2V or higher.

-plarnold
On the other hand, I have several engines that have been running OK for a while now on 3 x AAA batteries, nominally 4.5 VDC, in place of the standard C cell.

I suspect a standard Tomy motor is much the same as these, for example?
(12-22-2015, 02:07 AM)juhs Wrote: Has anyone tried replacing a C battery with a 3.7v 26500?

I remember discussing this before. Have you checked out these threads found by using "Lithium" in the Search feature? May be some info there that could help. Smile
http://www.blueplastictracks.com/search....order=desc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • juhs