money transfer

6 Replies, 6863 Views

Hey

Does anyone know the cheapest way to send money from the UK to Japan (via banks account, not Paypal)
If you can't pay by credit card you would probably have to do a 'swift' (wire) payment via your bank or you could use a third party system such as Western Union or XendPay.

However I would suggest you be extremely careful unless you know the party you wish to pay is 100% trustworthy as those sort of payments usually are irrevocable and do not offer any payment protection.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
PayPal would be the safest way, and if you are buying from a popular site (amazon, for example) you could buy a gift card and use that as a direct payment instead of PayPal. Other than that I don't know.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
I would second what Nigels has stated. I don't think you can get your money back if you use a transfer although I don't know for sure. If this is a reputable site then what methods do they suggest. Personally, I use PayPal exclusively as long as who you are sending to is a PayPal member and is accredited but I have to admit I don't know anything about bank transfers and the like.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
If its for payment of goods use paypal and not friend/family gift unless you know the person well as you can't dispute it if you get ripped off or it gets lost etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
PayPal's buyer protection is the ONLY way to stay 100% safe!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
thanks guys