My response to ripley802's Christmas snow plow Q:

8 Replies, 9920 Views

Your post wouldn't allow me to upload a photo in my response...so what about stealing one off of something like these and converting it?
...Hotwheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Johnny Lightning

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(07-30-2015, 10:09 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Your post wouldn't allow me to upload a photo in my response...so what about stealing one off of something like these and converting it?
...Hotwheels, Matchbox, Corgi, Johnny Lightning

Brilliant.. I never thought of that one. That is a great idea. That would be by far the cheapest and easiest solution. A hot wheel is like $.82 on sale so that would be awesome. I will check it out. Thanks muddy..
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
If you go down that route Mr Ripley there's an ideal candidate in the hot wheels range at the moment called 'So Plowed' if I recall correctly Wink
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Wouldn't that Hotwheel etc scale be a little too small for the Tomy Trains or do they work just fine?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Those would probably be larger super, but Im not entirely sure...
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
You could be right Super, the one I mentioned is about the largest snow plough equipped vehicle I've seen, but thinking about it even that would probably be too small to look realistic. I'll have to see if I got one knocking about so I can check out the scales Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
how are you going to rip the plow off the trucks?
(07-31-2015, 01:16 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: how are you going to rip the plow off the trucks?

Good question. I am going to look this weekend for some things that may work. If not I may try some pvc to try and come up with something a bit more to scale. I. Will post back as I have some more info. If anyone else has any thought, let me know. Thanks again.
the plows should be easy enough to remove. the bodies would be riveted together, so drill those out. the plow could either be a form of metal or plastic, possibly on a frame of some sort. could be cut through easy enough with a sabre saw or similar.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/