Latest Purchases

47 Replies, 63756 Views

Well I know we have a dedicated section for buy and show, but I think this belongs here ad I will link to it from my plarail purchase thread Wink

Ok first we have the new plarail advance maglev set, not a true maglev, but a representation of one with quite a nice train, but also some imteresting track Smile

[Image: _20151126_132051.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0011.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0012.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0013.jpg]

Then we have the new AS14 release of a D51 loco with blue coaches instead of brown, this is also available in a starter set if you are new to advance Smile

[Image: DSC_0014_1.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Cloudman, ripley802, Super, Ucwepn
I would agree to this Forum being the right place for Posting all purchases for Plarail Advance related items. Nice buys Nigels, Those Maglev tracks look to be the regular Tomy Elevated Rails but on one inch risers right?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(11-26-2015, 07:56 PM)Super Wrote: I would agree to this Forum being the right place for Posting all purchases for Plarail Advance related items. Nice buys Nigels, Those Maglev tracks look to be the regular Tomy Elevated Rails but on one inch risers right?

I would agree with that about the tracks Super, the only exception being the bridge, I believe that is new to this set unless it is available elsewhere. To me though its nice to have for the 1 inch risers too as I've got a couple of the normal height elevated sets, using these it will allow me to use all grey risers to go from ground level to upper Smile
The bridge is also re-purposed from what was originally exclusive to this set released in 2010 http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10123102 Nice to see that Tomy would re-purpose and make available neat things like this bridge that had only limited release.
I did wonder, but never having seen that set I'm glad they've brought it back. I don't know about the USA, but here in the UK for the most part if you want plarail items (as opposed to Thomas) you're pretty much limited to buying from Japan which generally means current items unless you dip into the shady world of Japanese auctions - which is one temptation I'm trying so deperately not to get involved in lol!
(11-26-2015, 11:18 PM)Nigels Wrote: I did wonder, but never having seen that set I'm glad they've brought it back. I don't know about the USA, but here in the UK for the most part if you want plarail items (as opposed to Thomas) you're pretty much limited to buying from Japan which generally means current items unless you dip into the shady world of Japanese auctions - which is one temptation I'm trying so deperately not to get involved in lol!

I find myself browsing the Japanese auctions often but have not signed up yet or made any purchases. Seems like it could get addicting like the wonderful eBay..
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(11-26-2015, 11:18 PM)Nigels Wrote: I did wonder, but never having seen that set I'm glad they've brought it back. I don't know about the USA, but here in the UK for the most part if you want plarail items (as opposed to Thomas) you're pretty much limited to buying from Japan which generally means current items unless you dip into the shady world of Japanese auctions - which is one temptation I'm trying so deperately not to get involved in lol!

Before I knew about the ability to use the Japanese Auctions I bought lots of Plarail/Tomy/Tomica items from the UK. I have found much more in the way of variety in the UK rather than the States from sellers like Amber, Theresa and Vlastian just to name but a few. But as far as newer releases it is the same here that they have to come from Japan but at least you can buy them diresct instead of having to pay all the middle man fees and shipping.
Nothing startling here, but the beginnings of my collection. Acquired in the last few months mostly from Japan via Amazon.

And here's the beginning of the layout to run them on. More track on order to complete the far end. Hard to get the trains to run up the incline at first (and I've seen that other people complain of that) but a light sandpapering of the tops of the rails fixed the problem completely.

[-] The following 5 users Like Cloudman's post:
  • fred16850, plarailfan, ripley802, sunhuntin, Super
Ahh, plarail advance. Tiny, but awesom. Why don't you add one of those clear arch pieces?
https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v...us.zen._._
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(12-02-2015, 11:12 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Ahh, plarail advance. Tiny, but awesom. Why don't you add one of those clear arch pieces?
https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v...us.zen._._

It's an idea. It would make an impressive overall roof for the lower terminus, but I'd have to keep it clear of the stoprail and crossover rail and the roof switch on the train.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cloudman's post:
  • ROKMAN1445