year in review

3 Replies, 4630 Views

ok... so its been a year now.

in the new generation of trains and sets.

what do we think?
I, for one, would put the shipwreck sails set, in the top 10 sets of all time. if not pretty close to it? 11? 12th?

yea for the die hards out there.... the trains....?
yea i got it. me too. pathetic imitations with some glimmers of hope.

but!....lets face it. there is no way we could have some of the sets that are coming out without the materials chosen.

would you rather have shipwreck rails OR thomas at the timber yard? both equally phenomenal sets....

but.... if i could say... you could have both...with 1 exception...
a "poorer" quality of train. would you take it?

ahhh.... the love of debate.
i just wanted to touch base on the availability of the revolution line.
what are your thoughts on the availability?
of this line when it adheres to specific items?
in other words... what have you found to be difficult to obtain?
neither ucwepn or i have seen the steam along engines in the wild. he is in australia, im in new zealand. TRU had them advertised but never got them, to my knowledge.

i cant really judge on the sets as i havent much used them. only the breakaway bridge and hazard tracks have had any real use and seemed to work ok.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
i have the volcano set which comes w/ a steam a long as well as percy. but havnt tried them yet...

frankly.... i'm a little scared. i'm afraid of the poor quality of train.
the previous steam-a-long is a fan favorite here.

however! i do have something to announce.
fisher price is eliminating the the additional track adapters in their train sets. those pieces needed to connect the old trackmaster and new trackmaster.
although this may seem like old news to some....
that means a set like "criss,cross juntion" is not a bad commodity. especially considering 2 factors:
#1) ever try to purchase the last gen adapters? the ones that can connect to the blue tracks? kinda pricey-right? especially for just 2 track pieces.
and #2) criss, cross, junction not only comes with a pair of those...
it also comes with 2 stop and go tracks! awesome and necessary for multiple layouts with multiple trains.
here's the bonus... these are being liquidated off the shelves! real cheap! worth taking a look
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2015, 04:45 AM by trevor379.)