Israel Railways customs

10 Replies, 13004 Views

What Plarail trains would you recommend using to recreate the following trains from my country? All i have is Thomas characters and rolling stock, meaning I don't have anything suitable for them.

IC3:

[Image: 4811.1111691160.jpg]

Bombardier double deck trains:

[Image: Design-Reviews_ISR_Bild_2.jpg]

JT 42BW:

[Image: 1280px-Diesel_Locomotive_Alstom_Heifa.jpg]
For the 1st one: Either a Tsukuba Express or a Yamanote line with those in between car cowl thingies(They come cheap).

For the 2nd one:For the Bombardier, you may want to consider the e4 max shinkansen, but there are a few other older trains that would be worth mentioning for the end/cab car.

For the 3rd one: Easy. DF210.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(12-26-2015, 05:54 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: For the 1st one: Either a Tsukuba Express or a Yamanote line with those in between car cowl thingies(They come cheap).

For the 2nd one:For the Bombardier, you may want to consider the e4 max shinkansen, but there are a few other older trains that would be worth mentioning for the end/cab car.

For the 3rd one: Easy. DF210.

Toda raba! I especially like the second suggestion for the IC3 since it would look very close (with a few modifications). The first one isn't as good because the front isn't flat enough.

The E4 Max coaches are too flat at the top, so I'd have to put a bit more thinking into it.

I can't find images of a DF210, but the 200 looks fairly similar.

Again, thank you very much.
No problem. The DF210 is the plarail s-26. Time for some Amazon shopping. You suggestion for the 3rd thing is what I meant. Sorry.
(12-26-2015, 08:31 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: No problem. The DF210 is the plarail s-26. Time for some Amazon shopping. You suggestion for the 3rd thing is what I meant. Sorry.

I've already found it now that you've given the number. I did know what you meant, so there's no need to apologize for anything.

Besides, the 200 appears to be slightly closer.
Ok. Good luck on finding the correct trains and tools for this mod.
Any progress? I'm curious.
I still don't have the models.
Update: I've found [an image of] a train that has a double deck coach that would be near perfect for the Bombardier coaches:

[Image: RAIL-18614_01.jpg]

The only problem is I would need several of them just for the coaches. To add to that, there are also the inevitable proportion issues while transferring the details and livery to the short, squashed Plarail versions.

I've done a rough Photoshop mockup to see how it would look:

[Image: plarai10.png]

I found something like that on Gerisplarail's "Plarail Depot". The Sunrise Express would be an even better option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
There are several used Sunrise Express trains available in the Japan Auctions and not very expensive. I didn't see any just coaches listed but there may be some in bulk listings.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator