Custom Layout 2.0.. Thoughts?

23 Replies, 20932 Views

Well Christmas has come and gone so the Christmas layout is gone too. I was completely shocked in taking it down at how much stuff there was.

This doesn't feature all the things I wanted but I ran out of room. I know j could reduce the "train yard" but I like the look and the fact I can have several trains ready to go.

Overall layout features a loop around the outside which can go from the train yard back and not through all the other parts of the layout. The other option is to go through the stations, which loops back through a couple times, ultimately ending up back at the train yard. There are a couple places I need to fix and a few more things I need to add. Also I will need to either add a second layout or incorporate in the Knapford Station I got from @Nigels, along I with some room for the TnA engines. I like having the center area though to be able to access the layout. I love the Japanese stations, just wish I could translate. Big Grin

Anyway, here are some pics, let me know what you think..

[Image: 584CC8B1-106E-4DC0-86C1-5AFB964465BA_zpsdfp2rlev.jpg]

[Image: 395F4494-EC0F-47E8-A126-7B4D24E6D0F9_zpsii1h1ppp.jpg]

[Image: 7047EA59-0443-4F72-8B53-807460B55E89_zpsnbphggr7.jpg]

[Image: 514AFDBA-0C4D-4EE8-98E1-1A77DD4CACBD_zpsuiqkaiij.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like ripley802's post:
  • , ActionChugger, HankAmericanEngine, Ucwepn
Very kewl Ripley! Smile

Love the huge Subway station against the wall as well as the large train yard. All you need is 4 more of those train yard switch sets and you could have an entrance and exit for it. I think you are going to need a lot more shelves Big Grin Thanks for sharing.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
(01-09-2016, 03:44 PM)Super Wrote: Very kewl Ripley! Smile

Love the huge Subway station against the wall as well as the large train yard. All you need is 4 more of those train yard switch sets and you could have an entrance and exit for it. I think you are going to need a lot more shelves Big Grin Thanks for sharing.

Thanks super. Yep the shelves are full. I have more to add just no room. I have to stay off of eBay..Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Awesome layout Mr Ripley, the collection is truly growing at a massive rate, I don't know about more shelves I think you may need a new room like a walk in 'store room' (as opposed to wardrobe lol).

Love the train yard, if I ever get to build a big layout that was always my intention also, you could also use it to store your growing collection of T&A trains Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
(01-09-2016, 04:21 PM)Nigels Wrote: I don't know about more shelves I think you may need a new room like a walk in 'store room' (as opposed to wardrobe lol).

What a great idea that would be, a walk-in closet with shelves from floor to ceiling on all sides.
(01-09-2016, 04:46 PM)Super Wrote: What a great idea that would be, a walk-in closet with shelves from floor to ceiling on all sides.

I have already taken over the room on the other side of the wall. That is the repair room. Not sure the wife would go for taking over a closet..
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
[Image: animated-msn-big-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Love the subway section. I also like the railyards - I just recently got a set of those myself. I like connecting up both ends at the railyards.
[-] The following 2 users Like WhiteKnuckles's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Well, I had to change it up again. Was inspired by AC with all of the risers and spirals. Mine is no where near the complexity and size that he built but it was fun to do. And it litterly used almost every riser I had. I needed to go back through and remove the ones on the bottom loop and replace with 4 single risers stacked up to use the others elsewhere. Here are some pics.

[Image: CB2524F7-9924-43AB-833C-B5F4D474B8F7_zpsoqljy6rd.jpg]
[Image: C8960B0D-34BF-457D-AFD8-06217816A5BB_zpsnriuss34.jpg]
[Image: AA3CB6C6-9983-4B74-BDD8-3F2DD6A8B4A6_zpsb0oa0yz6.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • , ActionChugger, WoodWheel92
Looking good Ripley and your collection of tracks and accessories is growing. Of course you can collect 14 more yellow riser by incorporating those 7 subway tunnels into the layout. Is this one continuous loop?.