Nankai Rapit Special Liveries

27 Replies, 27627 Views

As some of you know the Nankai Rapit is one of my favourite train designs that has come out of Japan, I just stumbled across some of the special liveries it has worn in recent times on a wiki and thought I'd share them with you guys.

Firstly we have the 'Gundam' one in red and yes the 2nd shot is apparently the real interior, boy the japanese really go to town with these things Smile;
[Image: 1280px-Nankai_50000_series_201405040809_Neo_Xeon.jpg]
[Image: 1280px-Nankai_50000_series_201405031842_...inside.jpg]

Then the one we've seen before the 'Peach' - I'm not sure of this reference or if it has something to do with Princess Peach of Mario fame, maybe one of our members know?
[Image: 1280px-Nankai_50000_series_20141011_Peach_Aviation.jpg]

Now the one I've waited to see, bearing in mind I think the front looks like Darth Vader's Helmet, the Star Wars Force Awakens one (now how many of these would Tomy sell if they made it!!!!!)
[Image: 1280px-Nankai_50000_series_201603210950_star_wars.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, fred16850, ripley802, ROKMAN1445
The Peach Rapit is an Airport Express train and call this after the Airlines, Peach Aviation, at least that is what I have bee led to believe.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
i always assumed peach was the name they gave that color.

i do enjoy these trains, and hopefully they will produce the star wars one.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Supposedly it also translates to "Happy Liner" Maybe the color was chosen by the Peach Aviation Company for their official color for exactly that reason Sunhuntin.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Well that makes sense, although with Japan you never really knows when it comes to Mario and other things like Gundam etc... as the above shows. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but the original UK Gatwick Airport Express was I am almost 100% sure was the same type of train as the Narita, I mean that front is just so distinctive Smile

I'll have to see if I have a photo somewhere, I'm sure I took one of it at some point because it was so special.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
They are all airport trains. The Rapi:t runs between Nankai Namba and Nankai Kansai Airport.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Nigels
(05-08-2016, 06:29 PM)Nigels Wrote: Now the one I've waited to see, bearing in mind I think the front looks like Darth Vader's Helmet, the Star Wars Force Awakens one (now how many of these would Tomy sell if they made it!!!!!)
[Image: 1280px-Nankai_50000_series_201603210950_star_wars.jpg]

It's somewhat similar to how Chatsworth (<i>Chuggington</i>) and Olaf (Frozen) look slightly alike.

[Image: latest?cb=20120326175631]

[Image: olafhappy.png]
I think that chugington loco is modelled on the american sante fe loco's
Chatsworth was loosely based on a Baldwin RF-16. Wilson is the one that looks like the EMD F-Units.
Ah ok, well I freely admit to not being an expert on American outline loco's, I couldn't tell the difference from a GP-9 to a whatever the other one was I saw that looked almost the same Smile

I'm also no expert on chuggington so I'm not even totally sure which of those is which Smile