BIG Disappointment

13 Replies, 12423 Views

Received our newly released Disney Dream Railway Mickey Mouse & Friends Musical Parade Freight Car Set today and what a big disappointment it is. I was under the impression this had music after all it is called The Musical Parade Freight Car Set and there are musical notes all over the ads . It has none. I would not have bought this had I known it was no different than the other Disney Western Steamer sets like this. So disappointing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Was this the one that was 80 dollars, or was it from Hobby Search? I had a funny feeling this wouldn't play any music. Does it look good at least? oxo
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
For real?? That was one of my main reasons for getting this set. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow or Monday. Undecided
It seems like at least the little piano car should plink tink tonk as it goes along...Sorry Super:/
I haven't gone after these steamer designs because the flared wheel wells make it look more automobile than train like to me.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Everything I read previously about the train sure looked like there was sound. After re-reading how it was described there was only one thing that said otherwise and that was in the description of the huey,Dewy and Louie piano car where it states "- Piano Corps: Huey, Dewey, and Louie is playing the piano in order. (Not actually music out ※.)". All this being said and for the fact that everything I read made me believe there was music I didn't even look for the Codes pictured on the box of which I just did (see picture below) It surely does not show the Sound Gimmick Code which is the definitive info for sound. So I will write this off as my mistake for only reading the description that can be skewed through translation and for not checking the codes on the box. All in all I believe this engine is the prettiest of these type Plarail Disney engines.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
mines at tokyo airport. shame it isnt musical, though it will go nice with the musical bridge.

wonder if theres a way to rig up a small music box that is driven off an axle? ive seen one where the handle was turned by lego power functions.

this is the lego one i was thinking of.
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.ph...9&hl=music
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2016, 07:38 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802
Oh, what? I was expecting an actual battery sound car that played Disney tunes ("Circle of Life", "Part of your World", "Let it Go"..), if not "traditional" music boxes for playing each song (perhaps interchangeable). Wonder if putting one of those "Chirin in Tekoro" Thomas characters behind it could give an audible illusion of "music" being played.

(07-09-2016, 02:03 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I haven't gone after these steamer designs because the flared wheel wells make it look more automobile than train like to me.

It does seem like someone could use them as those trackless trains that transport passengers in some large cities for sightseeing (with the coupling rods removed).

[Image: china-tourism-train-suppliers.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
So I am not alone in assuming this train had music???

(07-09-2016, 02:03 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I haven't gone after these steamer designs because the flared wheel wells make it look more automobile than train like to me.

I never noticed it that way before you mentioned it. Maybe it just ads to the whimsical feel of Disney.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
(07-09-2016, 07:34 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: wonder if theres a way to rig up a small music box that is driven off an axle? ive seen one where the handle was turned by lego power functions.
(07-09-2016, 01:12 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Oh, what? I was expecting an actual battery sound car that played Disney tunes (think "Circle of Life", "Part of your World", "Let it Go"..), if not "traditional" music boxes for playing each song (perhaps interchangeable). Wonder if putting one of those "Chirin in Tekoro" Thomas characters behind it could give an audible illusion of "music" being played.

It does seem like someone could use them as those trackless trains that transport passengers in some large cities for tourism (with siderods removed).
There's probably some way to add in music. I was thinking stuff with sound chips and speakers and small batteries, like a Wooden Railway or Take 'N' Play item with sounds.

I've seen a train like that in Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure, as well. From this, I'm assuming they are seen in France, too? I almost completely forgot until now, but that is some pretty smart idea, DalaGStanator.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 2 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
This is a shame, I would have expected it to have music or at least some sound effects after all as you say it fits the theme.

How about picking up one of these cheap knock offs with music or sounds removing the relevant ciruits and adding that to one of the wagons or adding a box car with them in it? Bit of a fudge, but it may make it live up to the billing...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, Super