C12

6 Replies, 7316 Views

Pla KF-01 C12 steam locomotive (japan import)

[Image: 61_XR5_Q5m_Zk_L_SL1200.jpg]

is this a good one to buy please?

ah just seen this, an aa battery, that makes me less keen, also a bit of a whine noise or is that just me?

hmm, think i prefer this;-

[Image: s_l1600_1.jpg]

twice the price but comes with coaches - not sure what battery size though.

any comments welcome Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like bollard's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I think the second option, the 3-car train, runs on a (C - thank you for correction!) battery.
Looks like it has the same setup as the Thomas range Diesel 10, Duck, etc.

I really want that C12 for myself. It is a very good-looking loco from what I can see.
[-] The following 2 users Like WoodWheel92's post:
  • bollard, Super
(10-30-2016, 09:19 AM)WoodWheel92 Wrote: I think the second option, the 3-car train, runs on a D battery.

I really want that C12 for myself. It is a very good-looking loco from what I can see.

thanks

it is a good price but i think i will leave the c12, this is where i saw it for sale:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004...XXDOKOPWBT

here's where i saw the diesel:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272425462640?_...EBIDX%3AIT
[-] The following 1 user Likes bollard's post:
  • Super
(10-30-2016, 09:19 AM)WoodWheel92 Wrote: I think the second option, the 3-car train, runs on a D battery.

Incorrect. No Plarail operate with D batteries.

It is most likely a C battery.

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • Super, WoodWheel92
yes c is right, or lr14, i think these are better than the aa batteries used on the more recent trains, ok they are heavier so there's more to haul but it does hold the train down and i think they last longer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bollard's post:
  • Super
Ive had one of these c12's for a while now, I like it but it's not one of my favourites,

[Image: P1020001_zpse65548ee.jpg]

what I don't like is the middle wheels, they just look out of proportion and really put me off, as for the noise, it has to be one of the quietest engines I own, it's a damn sight quieter than most of the Trackmaster drives I have! It uses the same drive unit as the biwaka

[Image: P1010945_zps34a32785.jpg]
which I've found to be a nice quite transmission (in comparison to most of the other engines I have) even if it's not overly quick,
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016, 06:03 PM by Tramp.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Tramp's post:
  • bollard, DalaGStanator, Super
I have a couple of the AA ones and several of the C sized. I love them all but if I had to choose I would lean towards the larger C sized. The large, discontinued one, is swift and powerful as the AA is a bit slower and isn't as strong pulling a long rake. One of my AA ones is slated for a custom
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • bollard, ripley802