The latest "FromJapan" (Part 2)

11 Replies, 7625 Views

Luckily I was at home still or would have to wait until next week to have received this package. This is my latest several lots from Japan.

Regarding the two sets in the boxes.. one looks to be pretty complete. The other is missing most of the parts. I ended up winning one (the missing parts one) for around 400¥ and then thought it would look really cool in a layout with two so got the other one for around 600¥.

The Disney train, I blame Super..Big Grin. I have 3 of the cars from a win several month (or a year) ago but have been trying to get the train. It is BNIB..

Front hook Splatter for 500¥, no brainer..Smile

The Gold Nankai Rappit, was the last one (other than translucent blue) that I was missing in that style.

And finally the Fanclub Limited Silver 300 Series Nozomi". It is from the year 2000-2001 for Plarail Day. BNIB, well one opened now..

[Image: 106DCF05-EE99-40B5-B067-A47EA757A071_zpsdmoiasdg.jpg]
[Image: 2090DBB0-12D7-4DF1-97A0-AAED41CE92D6_zpslmesik8l.jpg]
[Image: 6AEBC8C0-01FF-4466-97A2-7AD3449FA9FA_zpsicjotoa1.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like ripley802's post:
  • ActionChugger, grodriguez, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, sunhuntin, Super, WoodWheel92
Congratulations Ripley, I know you have been after one of those big Station sets for quite some time and now you have 2. They seem to be quite rare.

There is also a boxed Oliver there...is that New? Are the white boxes the 'decorate yourself' coaches you had asked about before?

Sure...I to blame for everybody's compulsion and its not stopping here. For the longest time I had always thought that Mickey Mouse Train was only available in the big boxed set until I started to see this boxed train on the Japan Auctions. I am curious if this individual release came out in the same year as the big set or a few years after. Looks like I am going to have to take a trip down to the Collection Forums to peruse your fabulous Plarail Catalog Collection.

I know what you mean about missing the Postman and having to wait days to pick up your Treasure's.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
Nice haul there Mr R and I was going to ask about the Oliver as well Wink

Especially like the Nankai Rap:it, but that should come as no surprise to you as everyone knows that is possibly my favourite Japanese train so far Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Thanks Guys.

Yeah the Oliver is one I missed mentioning in the opening post but is is not new. I saw it for 800¥ BUY IT Now.. so had to snap it up. One of the flaps on the box is rough but it is still pretty nice.

@Super.
The silver boxes sets are different. They have one small sticker on the side that says Fan Club but other wise are just plain silver sets. I do have another single engine like this that came in a large lot but was heavily scraped up and in bad shape.

Yeah those sets are awesome. I love the look and all of the sounds the (will) make. I say will because I know one will need new terminals as they are corded. I was bidding on a lot too that was basically all the other bits for the station from another seller. It ended up going for almost 3000¥ so I think the less than 500¥ for the main set and box is pretty good.Big Grin. Now I just need to get a layout going again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Wow, great deals.
  • ripley802
The station is huge. You better start clear out a lot of spaces.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • ripley802
I have a few of those golden cars from a lot a while back! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • ripley802, Super
On the Big Box Station set, is that a hidden switch point inside the station controlled by that red lever?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-09-2017, 05:47 PM)Super Wrote: On the Big Box Station set, is that a hidden switch point inside the station controlled by that red lever?

Yep, it sure is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
That is cool, like switching in a tunnel. Are all the green and red buttons for different sounds and does the signal tower light up?
  • ripley802