My Curious Oliver Question

22 Replies, 18098 Views

I have an Oliver Question:

Was he only released by the co-branded Tomy/HiT or did Trackmaster also release a version?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I believe that Trackmaster did release one in 2004/6, check the TTTE wiki.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
Thanks Rok, I was hoping somebody here knows for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ROKMAN1445
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:TrackmasterOliver.jpg
(image credit to TTTE wikia) Proof!
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
Thanks Rok, but I have yet to see or find any box for a Trackmaster release. I have only found two, one co-branded Tomy/HiT and one Tomica World/Gullane. I have even seen videos that are titled Trackmaster Oliver unboxing but in the video its the Tomy release. Thus my confusion and why I query.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • ROKMAN1445, WoodWheel92
Those are the only versions.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Thanks Ucwepn

So there is no such thing as a Trackmaster Oliver...right?
Plarail also released one as well
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
There is a TrackMaster Oliver, but it was released when the TrackMaster range came to the UK and Australia in 2008 where Tomy was distributing it. The engine range was made up of the Motor Road and Rail three-car packs reskinned in TrackMaster boxes instead of the Big and Little Friends assortment with half straight track pieces the US had. As Tomy was making it for the UK, out of the box it is exactly the same as the Plarail and Motor Road and Rail Oliver that has been made since 1999.

[Image: latest?cb=20160531225422]
[-] The following 4 users Like jdogman's post:
  • , ripley802, Super, Ucwepn
Well that picture and explanation solves the question for sure, Thank you very much Jdog....but this brings forth a new question....since Tomy made Oliver and placed him in a Trackmaster box.....is the name Trackmaster embossed on the underside of the chassis or is every Oliver ever made no mater what Brand it says on the box have the Tomy Logo on it? ..............Good question Super, (pats himself on back) Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802