N700???

3 Replies, 4131 Views

I know the Plarail N700 Shinkansen has been around for quite some time but I don't recall a box like this with 50th Anniversary on it. Could this be something new? The train doesn't look different from the normal release so I am curious. And has the N700 been around for 50 years??? The listing says "N700 Series Shinkansen funny car X77 organization ■ New" http://www.jauce.com/auction/q157516349

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  •
I think that the '50th Anniversary' part refers to the 50th anniversary of the Shinkansen lines, as they were opened in the 60s. (And the series 0 is in the background of the logo.) Also maybe this is one of the coupling models? Or maybe the middle car is equipped with sound? Hope this helps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrizzly's post:
  • Super
This is the Nippon Sharyou (Nissha) Dream Factory (Yume Koubou) special version of the N700 Series X77 Configuration Modified/Testing Shinkansen.

As far as I know, the only difference between this and the ordinary N700 is the fine print on the windshield of the end carriages. The letters "X77" are printed on the windshield and are not visible in this above photo.

You can/could only (at least officially) get this at Nippon Sharyou locations or special Nippon Sharyou events.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
Thanks Chrizzly & Plarnold, with your information I was able to drum up this picture that seems to circle in green the only 2 differences as Plarnold states in this Limited release. Not much in my eyes for a special edition. It also may have been out for quite some time since the Shinkansens first started in 1964 I believe. Geris has one shown on his site.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]