Er... I've had a bit of a splurge

7 Replies, 8183 Views

Having discovered that Tomy has now discontinued Advance, I thought I'd better get hold of of the ones I had my eye on, notably the Keikyu 1000 (alias the Aluminium Train) and the Kintetsu Premium Express Shimakaze. Not that hideous Nankai Rapi:t though. But then one thing led to another. There were the newer Shinkansens, and the Max, and the Hikari Railstar looked pretty cool, and so it goes on. I really have finished now. Except for the two on order. Probably. Unless I get an attack of the Supers.

My new Japan gauge trains:

And the new Shinkansens:

Apart from a couple from Tootally Thomas here in the UK, most were ordered from Japan via Ebay or Amazon UK. The exceptions were that I had to go via US Ebay to get the Aluminium Train (the only relatively expensive item), and a couple came from mbt-gifts in HK (amazingly fast delivery but inadequate packaging). One came via Rakuten: I've heard bad reports of them but I had no problem at all – I guess it depends on who the actual retailer is (Toyland Clover in my case) as Rakuten are as I understand it just a marketing agency.
[-] The following 10 users Like Cloudman's post:
  • , ActionChugger, Blueberry'S', fred16850, mod thana, Nigels, Off The Rails, ripley802, ROKMAN1445, Super
Looking good Cloudman.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Noo! And here i was hoping for the miniature railway engines to be included in this line! Oh well, live and learn
[-] The following 2 users Like MunchJrTrains's post:
  • Super, ThomasBlue
Are these now your entire collection Cloudman or do you have many more?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Way to go cloudman, nice to see you finishing off your collection, now you sure you don't want spares, you know just in case? Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Thanks folks. No, that's not the whole collection. The rest are at post #36 in .../Plarail Advance/Latest Purchases.
Spares. Hmm. I've been wondering about that particularly as some are better performers than others. Eg the Shinkansen 500s are really smooth runners while the Aluminium Train is regrettably iffy (but looks great). I need to understand how interchangeable the power units are though: one for the to-do list.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cloudman's post:
  • Super
If ACS, then they are interchangeable. If pre-ACS, then it depends on which generation.

Series 500 is pre-ACS and Keikyu 1000 Series is ACS. Therefore, they will not be interchangeable.

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • Cloudman, Super
It's Plarail Advance. Who doesn't want more?
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super