Strange Green Log Car?

21 Replies, 18867 Views

Was perusing through the listings on eBay and this caught my eye.
[Image: s-l400.jpg]
It has buffers on the chassis and traction tires! I can't figure out where it came from, though I'm sure it's a TOMY Japan item. Can anyone enlighten me?
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 08:25 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 4 users Like WoodWheel92's post:
  • , MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
It is strange for sure. The buffers are not usually found on Plarail model wagons and the logs don't look removable. Its also curious that there looks to be a cam on the axle with the traction tires. Wonder if the logs move somehow driven by the traction wheels and the cam on the axle. Hmmm. Anyone have an idea where this may have come from?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • , MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1, WoodWheel92
It's very interesting...it seems like it must make some kind of sound? Maybe a chuffing noise like a "Chuffing Annie", or maybe it rings like the new Tekoro's, but what ever it does its cool!
Is this listed for sale somewhere?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • , Super
Not any more.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • , MuddyPoppins
Nice Super did you already get it??

Did the listing discribed it as Tomy or Trackmaster? It seems like it's TrackMaster size, but I was wondering if it might be a capsule piece, because without a visual reference, their size can be deceiving?
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017, 06:12 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  •
Yes, with WoodWheels permission I have purchased it along with a couple other things from this Japan seller to take advantage of combined shipping (might as well!). The Listing covered everything, Tomy, Trackmaster, Plarail Thomas so can't tell from that. It does say Gullane 2011 Thomas Limited that might help one narrow it down so at least we know it came out within the last 6 years. Boy, I hope its not Capsule. Undecided

[Image: s-lg1600.jpg]

EDIT:
I think I may have found what set this came in, Thomas the Tank Engine Round and Round Bridge Set http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10146992 released in the middle of 2011. You can see the log wagon in the box pictures and in the description it states "wobbling action freight cargo of logs" Interesting, can't wait to see how she works as it may look good having 4 or more being pulled around by a shunter. I am guessing that just the logs wobble as it uses an axle cam and not the whole wagon like the wobbly Troublesome trucks do with off set wheels. Mystery solved....right?

So it is a Tomy/Plarail wagon with buffers, they have made so many of this same wagons without...come on Tomy/Plarail how about making these and your tankers with buffers like this from now on....what you say?

[Image: 10146992a3.jpg]

EDIT#2:

And this video confirms that the logs undulate and not the wagon, pretty cool.

[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • , fred16850, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, WoodWheel92
Cool! I've never seen that set...I didn't know about the world of Pla back then, but I can't say that I've ever seen it new or used currently though either... Yes it looks like some gear on the axel bobs the logs up and down, instead of off setting the wheels like on the Troublesome's.
Glad that you got itSmile 4 being shunted would be a great looking suprise to be seen pushing across a scenery!

Is that image the front or the side of the box?
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017, 08:08 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 5 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • , mod thana, Off The Rails, Super, WoodWheel92
(11-10-2017, 08:04 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Cool! I've never seen that set.

And you call yourself a collector....... [Image: panda-lol.gif] [Image: laughing.gif]

I assume that is the side of the box, front and back can also be seen at Hobby Search... http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10146992

I am having a feeling that this wagon may be slightly longer than all the other wagons like this that we are use to seeing.
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • , mod thana, MuddyPoppins
Ah yes I have seen this set, but I don't think I've ever noticed the Thomas either!
Is that another eyebrow variation of the angry/mad face Thomas??
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • , mod thana, Super
A cool bridge and a cool log wagon with function in the same set! Glad you were able to solve the mystery of the green log car! I think it is fair to say that it is a touch longer than our usual log wagons, but I really don't mind that.

I wholeheartedly agree about the buffers on both log and tanker wagons from Plarail. The buffers work well on the Trackmaster tankers, and on the TMR log wagons! I really hope the people who make the sets catch on! ?
[-] The following 2 users Like WoodWheel92's post:
  • , Super