Stuck Screw

5 Replies, 7176 Views

I tried to fix my Donald's broken gear, when I realized the screwdriver wouldn't move the screw at all. I have already tried lubricants, but it hasn't worked. Is the screw stripped? If it is, what do I do?
[Image: IMG_1964.jpg]
When we push him down the well...Pop goes Old Ollie!
It looks like the Phillips head may be stripped. Try using a regular screwdriver that will fit diagonally. However, if you do manage to get it loose you will have to find another screw to replace it as the same problem could happen again. Those screws aren't always easy to find as they have such fine threads. If you have a junker, parts train that uses a screw to open the battery compartment whether it be for the engine or a tender may work.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Normally I just push on the thread side while unscrewing the other side. The little plastic ring should just thread itself off...Don't Lose It! You can re-thread it onto a new screw. If pushing on it doesn't work, you can use a pin to hold it in place while unscrewing it.
(11-28-2017, 08:22 PM)Super Wrote: If you have a junker, parts train that uses a screw to open the battery compartment whether it be for the engine or a tender may work.

Good thing I just took apart a broken Molly Tender! Smile
When we push him down the well...Pop goes Old Ollie!
I have the same problem with Harvey, but worse.
Collecting without a clue since 2010
Try this little trick and see if it will work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqIDjb1cmro
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • fred16850, MuddyPoppins