Steam Along Thomas Coupling broken

37 Replies, 27779 Views

Hey there, so I pulled out my Steam Along Thomas which I've had since I was a kid. I'm trying to fix it but it seems the coupling is broken. Is there a replacement coupling I can buy somewhere??

[Image: IMG-20191118-170506.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20191118-170518.jpg]

Thanks!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like gmeehanfilms's post:
  • Aussie Bloke, Super
Unfortunately I have not seen these being reproduced for resale. Your best bet would be to find a cheap one on eBay or other source for parts and then scavenge the coupler from it. There are some other couplers that may work which are reproduced but they are more of a soft flexible plastic vs this hard plastic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
You may have luck in searching you local Thrift stores or boot sales for something cheap or a box full a trains that you might be able to scrounge a good coupler for and have plenty left over for other train repairs.. Sunhuntin has great luck down in your country.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
or use 3D printer to print the part
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I have one broken and if you want, I can sell it to you.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 02:25 PM by Super.)
You want to sell him a broken one Huh
For the broken parts to fix his Thomas i think  Confused
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 07:31 PM by Super.)
Here's a broken one listed on eBay (US site). Maybe you could send the seller an offer and see if they want to get it moved?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOT-WORKING-Tho...0007!US!-1

There are a bunch of (supposedly) working ones on eBay, but they are all more expensive. The broken one seems kind of expensive considering it is...broken :/, but maybe that's how you get the seller to take a lower offer?
Sorry T-Fan, I thought you meant you had a broken coupling you wanted to sell.
Thanks for all the replies guys, I need to replace the wires from Thomas to Annie first so i'll test that to see if that's the only fault atm, what kind of wire should I use to replace the wiring? Looks like pretty thin wires.
Thanks Smile