Flip Face Toby parts

9 Replies, 4732 Views

Hello everyone!
I just got flip face toby, and was wondering if anyone can send me images of the flippers under him (the full things) and the bottom piece from the rocks. I am missing these sadly.
[Image: C0919-E2-F-F97-C-4578-8-AAD-81-C2205-C9-EA3.jpg]

[Image: EF8-E097-F-7159-41-FB-87-A4-DCC9-C01-A336-C.jpg]
The missing parts must be the flaps.  I wouldn't be surprise if Toby uses the same type of Flap as Flip Face James or Flip Face Thomas.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
Yes the paddles are same for all the flip face trains (different colors depending on the model), so you could keep an eye for non working flip face engines that people are selling on the cheap, and then mine it for parts. Replacing the paddles is kind of tricky, but you really just need patience when aligning them with the spring and rod that connects to the face. Not sure what you can do if you’re missing a “rock” from the wall of the copper mine though?
that's awesome! I'm pretty sure that the flaps are the same for all engines.
The flaps are different for Toby. They are wider than compared to Thomas. I tried to out the Thomas flaps in toby, but they didn’t fit.
Interesting, they seemed to be the same size. Do you have one of the james flip face versions to try out?
I tried it out, and it didn’t work. Toby has a wider set of flaps than any of the engines. I would need to 3d print these or something. If someone can make a 3d model that would be great
Could you just add something like tamiya putty onto thomas flaps and then cut down the excess putty so it'd work on Toby?
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
Idk if that would work. The shape is just different. I need pictures of Toby’s flaps to do that
There’s a copper mine set with photos of Toby’s flippers on US eBay right now if that helps?