TrackMaster Flip-Face Toby Experiment

5 Replies, 1642 Views

Hey all!

So, I have a question for anyone who might be able to help me with this. I am doing an experiment with my TrackMaster Flip Face Toby:

[Image: IMG-3827.jpg]

Basically I’m trying to get it to run on its own without the battery car. But I’m confused as to how to wire the motor up with a battery, as I know the AAA and AA batteries won’t fit, because of the way the chassis is designed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do for the wiring? Because I'm stumped at this point, hahaha
[-] The following 2 users Like trackmaniamatt's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
I am not familiar with his interior but I have to assume that there must be more workings inside the shell for flipping the face. You could try using a button/coin battery or an 'N' size. How many batteries did he use in the battery car?

BTW: Welcome to BluePlasticTracks Trackmaniamatt 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • trackmaniamatt
It was one AA battery that was in the car.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 01:23 AM by Super.)
You could experiment using an 'N' size battery and a holder like this which has wires and can be soldered right up to the motor. These 'N' sizes are half the size of a AAA so it may fit nicely inside there. Not sure how long the train will run on it but maybe there is enough room to place them standing up against the front of the motor and wire them in Parallel to give more storage to the 1.5v. As much as a full AAA

'N' Battery Holder
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I've seen this done a few times before and it's also something that I'd want to attempt in the future, but usually it's done with some small button batteries, stacked between two wires all wrapped in electrical tape, mounted vertically, however I'm unsure whether some plastic needs to be cut, so you may neet to take some measurements beforehand.
Hope this helps!
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • Super
(05-01-2023, 09:49 PM)trackmaniamatt Wrote: Hey all!
So, I have a question for anyone who might be able to help me with this. I am doing an experiment with my TrackMaster Flip Face Toby:

[Image: IMG-3827.jpg]

ok, might be overdramatic but WHY IS THE MOTOR HOUSE BROWN!!! I NEED THAT SO BAD!!!!
With a Bit of inspiration, you can travel anywhere!!! Smile (CEC Destination Imagination, Aug 1995)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Destination Realization's post:
  • Super