Thomson a WIP

17 Replies, 23232 Views

Hope you guys are sitting in a comfy chair as this will be a long read.

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 192.22 KB / Downloads: 214)
This custom engine I have made is Thomson. An E2 with extended side tanks, twin to thomas. Both built in 1913 by I don't know who, were shipped to sodor in 1915. Thomson was sent to the coal mines to work, and thomas was sent to work at the big station. Thomas had gained lots of fame and fortune up above. However Thomson did not. He became a spare part build engine, with three blue wheels, one black wheel and two yellow wheels. He had his front part of his cab replaced due to not being able to see out of the cab windows and eventually, in 19-- (need to find out what year diesel ten came to sodor) he had been taken out of the mines. This was the first time he had been seen by any of the other engines and they were impolite to Thomson, thomas had warned thomson about diesel ten. Thomson was taking a load of empties to the coal mine when diesel ten gave chase to Thomson. His coupling snapped causing the freight cars to crash into diesel ten. Diesel 10s front had been severly damaged. Thomson was sent back down to the mines shortly afterwards. The miners didn't know about the damaged supports and the weight of the engine could cause a mine shaft to collapse. Thomson had to test his whistle. He blew it long and loud. The mine began to cave in, Thomson barely escaped but was damaged beyond repair. He was scrapped. Now he haunts the scrapyard, waiting to get revenge on sir Topham hatt. That's the entire backstory on Thomson, my custom made loco. What are your thoughts? He was actually built out of spare thomas parts from my scrap box. And I actually purposefully did the black coal weathering. And he was painted yellow due to the lack of yellow locomotives.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 11:37 PM by ROCKINATOR.)
[-] The following 2 users Like ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super, TOMY_FAN
Another view of thomson.
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 195.79 KB / Downloads: 187)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super
I like it Rock. What did you use for the smokebox door and what method did you use for the yellow a black distressing?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
For the smokebox door I used the battery cover off of a dollar store fake candle that lights up. For the paints I used a testors gloss yellow. It was too bright, so I used my testors flat black to do the coal distressing. Used the same black for painting the smokebox door.
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 159.36 KB / Downloads: 172)
Brilliant idea for the smokebox door, very imaginative and it looks great. Did you paint the black over the yellow then like wipe some of the black off to get the smearing? It looks great and a good idea, I like it!
With the black distressing, what I did was dip the brush just so it gets about the first half inch of paint. Then I used my protection paper and painted on it until the paint started to get weak and then I started to paint on thomson. I used a little much paint, as what I originally wanted was this,

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 190.68 KB / Downloads: 148)
But I forgot to put his number and his makers initials. So I had to repaint the areas where the numbers and LBSC are. Ended up making the area around it quite thick. Oh and that floating cake topper don't mind it.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 12:33 PM by ROCKINATOR.)
Nice...whats a floating cake topper?
You don't see the little thomas behind the signalbox on a small little track he came with floating????
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 09:47 PM by ROCKINATOR.)
Now I do LOL. Was that on a birthday cake of yours?
My fourth or third birthday. The thomas Is immensly detailed for going on top of cake, needs to look good for his two minutes of glory LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super